Junior Infrastructure Engineer (DevOps)
We are creative, smart, interesting problem solvers working in a hands-on, fast-paced environment. We are looking for an incredible junior infrastructure engineer to join the software development team at Moxe, to focus on infrastructure-as-code, security and operational support for our healthcare SaaS products.
As a vital member of our engineering delivery team, you will help us build the connections for our all-cloud interactive health information network. You will join our agile development team on our DevOps journey and help us rapidly deliver quality products to our customers. You will have an immediate impact and challenge yourself every day.
Every day we learn from each other and solve difficult problems that reduce the cost of healthcare. Also, we have smart desks and an open vacation policy. There may be puns.
If you want to amaze us with your skills as a network and systems administrator with a bias towards action, please apply and get to know us.
The ideal candidate:
- Solid understanding of industry standards for the implementation and support of network systems and computer devices in the cloud.
- Experience with database administration, network engineering, cloud infrastructure, and server engineering
- Windows and Linux server administration and security chops
- You can talk tech to to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent systematic problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Programming experience with Python, PowerShell, Bash scripting
- The ability to quickly understand existing processes, see opportunities and refine them
- Familiarity with version control practices
What you'll do:
- Deploy and administer cloud-based resources running web-based applications
- Design, document and configure cloud networks, including firewall, VPN, and load balancing
- Integrate software and infrastructure components into a fully-functional system
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient infrastructure-as-code using Terraform and Ansible
- Develop and test disaster recovery plans
- Configure and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Act as a subject matter expert for infrastructure and security
- Adhere to industry standards and regulations
- Participate as a team member in product development team Scrum
- Continuously improve site reliability
- Working knowledge of various SQL and NoSQL databases
- Networking, AWS and security certifications
- Working experience in an agile dev-ops software development environment
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- Experience with GitHub and Jenkins
- Experience in healthcare or insurance
- BS/AS degree in Computer Science, Network Administration, Network Security or related programs or comparable experience
- Must be able to work full time from our Madison, WI office
- Must have the ability to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship
Got Moxie? Join Moxe! Moxe strives to provide equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace. Moxe is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an atmosphere of passionate, fun, quirky, intelligent, and motivated individuals. We want our staff to reflect the rich culture and diversity of our society and to feel included, respected, and accepted. We actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t check ALL the boxes in the job posting.
For fastest consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via our website.