Junior Software Engineer (C#/.Net)
We are creative, smart, interesting problem solvers working in a hands-on, fast-paced environment. We are looking for an incredible junior software engineer to join the software development team at Moxe Health, to focus on backend development and data interchange.
As a vital member of our engineering team, you will help us build the connections to our interactive health information network. You will join our agile development team on our DevOps journey and help us rapidly deliver quality products to our customers. You will have an immediate impact and challenge yourself every day.
Every day we learn from each other and solve difficult problems that reduce the cost of healthcare. We're not afraid to use cutting-edge technologies. We have smartdesks and an open vacation policy. Also, there may be puns.
If you want to amaze us with your skills as an O-O programmer in C#, Java and other languages, please apply and get to know us.
You have these required core competencies:
- SOLID understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Excellent understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Proven ability to develop software in C#
- Experience with web APIs
- Excellent problem solving, coding and debugging skills
- Familiarity with version control concepts
- Working experience with software engineering and design concepts
Your job will have these essential functions:
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code with unit tests
- Support the implementation team to integrate our solution with our customers
- Implement software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality and APIs
- Configure and help deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Integrate software components into a fully-functional software system
- Contribute to specifications and determination of operational feasibility
- Write scripts and Infrastructure as Code
- Help support our products
- Embrace and help evolve our agile development practices
- Evolve as a subject matter expert
- Adhere to industry standards and regulations
We hope you also have most of these skills:
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Experience with test-driven development or another test-first methodology
- Great skills with software engineering tools like Visual Studio, IntelliJ and GitHub
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with AWS
Your must meet these qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or comparable experience
- Must be able to work full time from our Madison, WI office
- Must have the ability to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship.
For fastest consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via our website. Hope you like take-home programming assessments, because we think this levels the playing field.