Cerner Software Engineer (CCL Programmer)
We are creative, smart and interesting problem solvers. At Moxe, we’re on a mission to dramatically reduce healthcare costs. We are looking for a talented software engineer who knows how to interface with Cerner’s core EMR applications.
Join our agile software delivery team on our DevOps journey. As a vital member of our software development team, you will help build the new health information network in the cloud. In this role, you will help us build our SaaS healthcare records software every day and you will be our SME for Cerner CCL and Discern Explorer. Help us rapidly deliver quality, secure products to our customers. You will have an immediate impact and challenge yourself every day.
Every day we learn from each other and solve difficult problems that improve interoperability. We're not afraid to use cutting-edge technologies. We have remote and co-located teams plus an open vacation policy. Also, there may be puns.
If you want to amaze us with your skills as an O-O (C#, Java) and CCL (Discern Explorer) programmer, please apply and get to know us.
Your Key Job Responsibilities will be:
- Write well-designed, testable, tested and efficient code in C# and Java
- Integrate software components into a fully-functional software system
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Cerner
- Embrace and nurture our agile development practices
You must have these Required Core Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in Cerner Command Language (CCL)/Discern Explorer
- Ability to develop and debug software in C#, Java and other selected languages
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, including SQL
- SOLID understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Ability to document software and system requirements
We hope you have these Desired Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with AWS and Google Cloud
- Experience with FHIR and IHE profiles
- Experience with test-driven development or another test-first methodology
- Working experience in an agile devops environment
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- Experience with other EHR systems (Epic, NextGen, Meditech, Allscripts, athenahealth, McKesson)
You must meet these Job Qualifications:
- 2+ years of Cerner software engineering experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics or comparable experience
- Must have the ability to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship
For fastest consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via our website. Hope you like take-home programming assessments, because we think that this levels the playing field.
At Moxe Health, we prioritize transparency, integrity and our relationships with our colleagues and with customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Remote location will be considered for this position.