Senior Logistics Specialist
Operations – Supply Chain /
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a Senior Logistics Specialist at Moxion, you'll be responsible for strategic planning and coordination of global Logistics traffic across the organization. You'll work cross-functionally with key department stakeholders up to the executive level to tactically and strategically develop and execute comprehensive Logistics strategies that support Moxion Powers global initiatives.
The products you help bring to market will transform and disrupt massive industries that haven’t seen innovation in decades. This is an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and solve big problems that really matter. Like save the world type stuff. Come electrify the future with us!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with sourcing on supplier initiatives or onboarding activities to support projects, align logistics and cost reduction strategies to support Moxion’s business initiatives.
- Coordinate the day to day administrative duties of the Logistics Department including reconciling freight invoices, administering and mitigating freight claims, fielding service calls and reporting/analysis
- Monitor all modes of transportation (i.e. rail, air, sea, LTL, TL, parcel etc.), including import/exports, brokerage and Customs clearance and communicate status and/or delays to appropriate parties
- Resolve shipment issues and possess the ability to determine when to elevate to management for resolution
- Assist suppliers and/or related parties, as needed, with preparation of commercial documents for international transactions
- Collaborate with suppliers, broker and other related parties to ensure all required documentation and shipping instructions have been received (i.e. document requirements, routing instructions, tariff codes, etc.) and align with purchase order or operational need
- Identify import/export compliance risks and develop risk assessment measures
- Maintain Import and Export document files in accordance with Federal regulations and Company policy (i.e. record keeping)
- Lead projects to meet objectives and drive operational results (cost reduction initiatives, optimization/consolidation initiatives, process development, carrier resourcing activities, etc.)
- Identify areas of risk within supply chain, supplier base; implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Maintain knowledge of market and industry trends by attending industry training and/or seminars
- Resolve unclear packing slips, invoices and memorandums to ensure prompt availability of material and timely payment to carriers
Skills to be succesful:
- 5+ years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated performance and results; in the areas of Logistics (including international), Transportation, Distribution and/or other Supply Chain related functions
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships to collaboratively execute business strategies
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations per Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to creatively craft win-win scenarios with carriers in all modes
- Knowledge of various logistics, distribution and manufacturing processes, potential failure modes, and critical success factors
- Strong knowledge of incoterms, hazardous materials and DOT regulations
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, supply chain or logistics
- Hazmat Certified
- Project management/Program management experience
- EV industry or Automotive related environment
- Other languages – Mandarin for example
- Microsoft Office/computer skills and previous ERP experience
$100,000 - $110,000 a year
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com