Supplier Quality Engineer, Electrical
Operations – Quality /
Full Time /
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As Moxion's Supplier Quality Engineer, you will support the Sr. Supplier Quality Engineering Manager by ensuring requirements are met throughout mass production by our existing supply base. You will be responsible for Electrical suppliers (including components such as harnesses, PCBAs, sensors, COTS, etc.) and ensure their products meet our rigorous quality standards and specifications. You will play a crucial role in maintaining and improving the quality of electrical components and materials supplied by our external vendors. ]]
What you'll do:
- Quality Audits & Inspections: Plan and perform quality inspections and audits at supplier facilities to verify compliance with our quality standards after mass production kickoff.
- Non-Conformance Management: Lead resolution of supplier related non-conformances, using A3 or 8D methodology, while ensuring proper containment standards are met and root cause / corrective action data is documented and shared. Drive RMAs, 3rd party inspection & vendor chargebacks to ensure minimal cost-of-poor-quality impact.
- Quality Documentation: Maintain accurate records of supplier audits, inspection results, and corrective actions. Ensure all documentation is up to date and easily accessible.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously monitor and assess supplier performance. Identify opportunities for process improvement and work with suppliers to implement best practices.
- Risk Mitigation: Identify and assess potential risks in the supply chain and implement risk mitigation strategies to prevent quality issues.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, production, and procurement, to resolve quality-related issues and manage change control activities.
- Training: Provide training and support to suppliers as needed to enhance their understanding of our quality requirements and expectations.
- Performance Management: Provide qualitative input to supplier performance scorecards to focus on areas of need and partner with vendors that require additional support
- Component Warranty Management: Lead cross functional discussions to investigate and drive issue resolution for high impact customer quality issues and warranty claims
- Other duties as assigned by management
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial or equivalent) or equivalent experience.
- Proven supplier quality experience working across electrical component manufacturing processes, such as SMT, pick & place, crimping, splicing, functional testing, etc.
- Problem-solving skills supported by structured Root Cause analysis, may include the following: A3, 8D, Triz, Shainin, etc.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) and Significant/Critical Characteristics
- Knowledge and understanding of the following: ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 quality systems
- Experience using the following measurement tools including but not limited to gages, calipers, micrometers, optical comparators
- Ability to travel as needed to conduct supplier audits and inspections.
- Good knowledge base for tooling, manufacturing processes and manufacturing standards across electrical components
- Knowledge of quality and continuous improvement tools
- Proficient computer skills that may include the following applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom or similar applications
- Auditor Experience a plus
$110,000 - $115,000 a year
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, 401K, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com