Richmond, CA /
Engineering – Hardware /
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As an Engineering Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating the efforts of engineering and design teams, ensuring communication with other departments within the organization. You will help the engineering team triage, prioritize and manage customer issues coming from our field teams and internal stakeholders including manufacturing and supply chain. Working closely with our cross-functional program managers, you will also help to develop project timelines and ensure that engineering deliverables are completed on time. This is a unique opportunity to work with a fast-paced engineering and design teams to bring high voltage solutions from concept through prototyping to production for the transportation market.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the triage, prioritization and execution of engineering issues including manufacturing countermeasures, engineering deviations, and production rework assistance.
- Develop and maintain engineering and test schedules for product development and on-going production timelines, including coordinate cross-functional activities to identify dependencies, risks, and potential impacts.
- Coordinate the activities of the engineering teams to ensure that they are working with one another effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate with other departments within the organization, including manufacturing, procurement, and quality, to ensure that engineering activities are aligned with the needs of the broader organization.
- Communicate status and impacts of cross-functional issues, escalate blockers, and inform leadership as needed.
- Define and implement program management best practices across the engineering testing teams, including defining processes, guidelines, work instructions, how-to guides for team level processes.
- Collect feedback and drive process improvements across all engineering processes.
- Manage engineering and test team issues & risk processes, assist in the identification, definition, and execution of all issues, risk, and engineering initiatives.
- Drive the systematic reporting for teams through metrics by defining, implementing, and conducting weekly reviews. Identify and help manage proactive and corrective action for all non-green metrics.
Skills to be successful:
- Proven experience in project management, including creating and managing project plans, identifying and managing risks, and working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to identify and solve complex problems.
- Strong leadership skills, able to motivate and inspire teams to achieve project goals.
- Proficient in project management software, such as Jira or similar tools.
We currently use:
- Work Mgmt Tools: Jira & Smartsheets
- BI & Analytics: Tableau
$102,000 - $168,000 a year
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com