Program Manager - Charging & Solar Infrastructure
Richmond, CA /
Operations – Facilities /
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
We are seeking a Charging & Solar Infrastructure subject matter expert to support our charging network expansion across the country. A successful candidate will play a crucial role in the design, implementation, and maintenance of our solar & charging infrastructure expansion.
What You'll Do:
- Create design standards, coordinate all engineering & permitting, and manage installation of our charging stations and solar power systems
- Conduct site surveys and feasibility studies to determine the best location and configuration of charging stations and solar arrays
- Solar and charging pre-construction; scope budgeting, bid leveling, negotiations, and contract execution
- Research government incentives & management processes
- Manage project schedule, collaborate with all contractors, and other engineers to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Coordinate all testing & commissioning
- Provide technical support and guidance to customers, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with relevant electrical codes, standards, and regulations
- Develop site specific preventative maintenance SOP's, service and repair programs, and solar and charging infrastructure
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments and advancements in EV charging and solar technology and plan and manage solar and charging systems upgrades as needed
Skills to be Successful
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in EV charging and solar systems design and implementation
- Strong knowledge of electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Experience with solar integration to charging, data and electrical grid infrastructures
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel often to current and new properties and, work independently
- Current electrical contracting and/or engineering license is a plus
$124,000 - $186,000 a year
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com