Wire Harness, Electrical Engineering Technician
Richmond, CA /
Engineering – Advanced Manufacturing /
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As our Wiring Harness Technician you’ll be hands on working to both create complete wiring harnesses, as well as modify and/or repair existing wiring harnesses. You will be going off of wiring schematics, setting up harness boards and assembling wiring harnesses, using hand tools to assemble and specialty tools test function after assembly is completed. You’ll also maintain the wiring lab organization and stocking parts. This is an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and help solve big problems that really matter. Like save the world type stuff. Come electrify the future with us!
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Engineering to create one-off harnesses
- Work closely with other team members by ensuring all tools and material are ready prior to shift start
- Ensure all production related concerns or issues are communicated effectively to team leader
- Coordinate with management on work issues and enforce safety and housekeeping (5S) regulations
- Read, interpret and work from drawings
- Create and test wiring harnesses using schematics and specialty tools
- Diagnose and repair existing wiring harnesses to keep production on schedule
- Work with the engineering and production team to resolve issues, as well as implement updates
- Keep record of all work and quality
Skills to be successful:
- 1+ years hands on experience fabricating wiring harnesses
- Reading wiring diagrams and blueprints
- Experience with using harness boards, electrical hand tools, ie. snips, wire strippers, soldering iron, crimpers etc.
- Able to adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- 1+ years experience diagnosing electrical issues using a voltmeter.
- Ability to distinguish colors is a must.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent attention to detail.
$27 - $30 an hour
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com