Sr. Electrical Systems Engineer - Power Electronics
Richmond, CA /
Engineering – Hardware /
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
The Senior Electrical Systems Engineer will focus on power electronics circuit design, expertise in Altium, systems engineering for AC power systems, and inverter controls algorithm development. The Senior Electrical Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing cutting-edge power electronics circuits, optimizing AC power systems, and creating advanced control algorithms for inverters.
What you’ll do:
- Power Electronics Circuit Design: Design and develop power electronics circuits, including power converters, inverters, rectifiers, and associated components, using Altium Designer or similar software tools. Ensure designs meet performance, efficiency, and reliability requirements.
- Systems Engineering for AC Power Systems: Apply systems engineering principles to analyze, optimize, and integrate power electronics components and systems within AC power systems. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration and compatibility.
- Inverter Controls Algorithm Development: Design and implement advanced control algorithms for inverters, including modulation techniques, feedback loops, and protection mechanisms. Develop models and simulations to validate control algorithms and optimize performance.
- Prototyping and Testing: Create prototypes of power electronics circuits and systems, and conduct thorough testing to validate functionality, performance, and reliability. Collaborate with test engineers to define test plans and ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Documentation and Reporting: Generate detailed design documentation, including schematics, design specifications, and test reports. Prepare technical reports and present findings and recommendations to internal stakeholders and clients as necessary.
- Collaborative Development: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including hardware engineers, software engineers, and mechanical engineers, to ensure cohesive system design and implementation. Collaborate on system-level integration and troubleshooting efforts.
- Research and Innovation: Stay updated with the latest advancements and trends in power electronics circuit design, systems engineering, and control algorithms. Conduct research to identify innovative solutions and propose improvements to existing designs and processes.
- Compliance and Standards: Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations for power electronics, AC power systems, and inverter controls. Stay informed about safety standards, EMC regulations, and other applicable requirements.
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in power electronics circuit design, Altium Designer, systems engineering for AC power systems, and inverter controls algorithm development.
- Strong proficiency in Altium Designer or similar software tools for schematic design and PCB layout.
- In-depth knowledge of power electronics components, such as power converters, inverters, and rectifiers.
- Solid understanding of AC power systems, including system analysis, integration, and optimization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot complex electrical systems.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, with the ability to present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
$176,000 - $193,000 a year
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com