Richmond, CA /
Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As Moxion Power's first Corporate Counsel, you will be our subject matter expert on all things under the legal umbrella. Using your strong background in corporate law and dynamic experience with hypergrowth companies, you'll provide guidance on legal matters related to business operations, transactions, contracts, and compliance. Come help deliver advanced products that will transform and disrupt an industry which hasn't seen innovation in decades!
What You'll Do:
- Provide legal advice and guidance on all aspects of the company's operations, including corporate governance, business transactions, employment law, and intellectual property
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts and agreements with customers, vendors, and partners
- Advise on regulatory compliance matters, including environmental regulations and sustainability standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, operations, and business development, to ensure legal compliance and risk management in all areas of the business
- Participate in due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, and advise on legal issues related to deal structuring and negotiations
- Support the development and implementation of company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
Skills to be Successful:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Admission to the bar in the state where the position is located
- Minimum of 5 years of experience practicing corporate law
- In-depth knowledge of environmental regulations and sustainability standards, as well as experience advising on compliance matters in these areas
- Strong negotiation and contract drafting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing demands
Nice to haves:
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, and deal structuring
- Experience in the Clean Tech or Renewable Energy industry
$160,000 - $190,000 a year
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email HR@moxionpower.com