Ad Operations Specialist
NYC, DC, BOS, OAK, Remote
M+R is looking for an Ad Operations Specialist responsible for creating, implementing, testing and trouble-shooting digital tracking and implementation initiatives conducted by our advertising team. The Ad Operations Specialist will use a variety of tools to implement online ads, from campaign and creative management, to website and pixel tracking, and reporting and quality assurance. The Ad Operations Specialist must be accustomed to working in a dynamic, time-compressed, high-tech environment and completing a variety of tasks in parallel. This individual will be working with both external clients and vendors, along with internal teams.
When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
- Work that is awesome. We are serious about working with clients who are changing the world and alleviating suffering. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
- Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, and pretty cool people who get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
- A critical, fearless approach. Every day we say and do the things that must be said and done, even if the consequences aren’t exactly a barrel of laughs.
- Creativity that just won’t quit. We want you to bring your wacky self to work every day. Not just because it’s fun, but because the craziest idea just might be the thing that works.
So that’s us. Now about the work…
- We run online advocacy and fundraising campaigns. Great big ones you read about in the news and tiny ones you’ve never heard of that are saving lives. Lots of politically progressive groups – Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, PETA, Sierra Club, etc. Cultural organizations we love, like the Smithsonian and Central Park Conservancy. And many causes that are working in the most dire situations in the world such as the American Red Cross and Oxfam.
- Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to recruit supporters, influence policy, raise money, hold corporations accountable, make the most of news moments, and leave no crazy idea unconsidered that might engage regular people in the world around them.
- Critical to our success is making sure we’re continuously taking advantage of all opportunities to drive online fundraising and advocacy goals and recruit new activists and donors, using both tried and true and cutting edge online advertising technologies.
As our Ad Operations Specialist, here's what else you'll be doing on any given day:
- Stay knowledgeable in web tracking technologies, advertising serving platforms, CRM and CMS management, and upcoming trends in the space. They will be required to learn new technologies and systems as the need arises.
- Develop and modify best practices across the team as new technology or strategies dictate.
- Work on various web tracking teams with distinct challenges and goals, while clearly setting and communicating expectations with teammates and clients.
- Establish and successfully manage against implementation timelines.
- Proactively conduct in-depth quality assurance on tagging, tracking, and reporting functionality.
- Take the lead in troubleshooting known or suspected problems with the tagging/tracking technology used in implemented projects.
- Handle multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
- Work under tight deadlines and have strong attention to detail.
And then there’s you. You…
- Have 1-3 years of media buying experience; ideally with an agency.
- Are comfortable with Doubleclick Campaign Manager, Doubleclick Bid Manager, and Facebook. This experience is required.
- Have worked with tools such as Adwords, Mediamath, Turn, X+1, AdRoll or similar platforms.
- Are detail-oriented! There are lots of details. You are the person who spots that misplaced pixel that’s not tracking conversions properly.
- Are wildly curious about what’s next in the world-changing-business and game to help us get there.
- Are a true believer. You want to change the world. You are hopeful and helpful and ready to keep your boots on the ground and eye on the prize.
- Take ownership of and initiative in everything you do, and understand how to work in a team.
- Are not afraid to speak your mind – you continually suggest new ideas or ways to improve on old ideas or processes.
Salary, Benefits and Some Perks
- One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three week’s vacation as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- There IS such a thing as free lunch here – on Fridays!
- Weekly “beerstorms” where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Mannequins. Animatronic ponies. It just gets weirder and cooler and fun-ner from here.
The Fine Print
This position can be located in any of the following M+R offices:
• 11 Park Pl., New York, NY
• 1901 L St. NW, Washington, DC
• 1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
• 9 Hamilton Place, Boston, MA
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. We are strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 130 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.