Account Executive, Digital Fundraising & Advocacy
NYC, DC, OAK, BOS
Digital Fundraising & Advocacy
We’re looking for an Account Executive to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business in our Digital Fundraising & Advocacy Practice Area.
When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
- Work that is awesome. We only work with clients who are changing the world. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
- Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who bring the smarts, get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
So that’s us. Now about the work…
- We run digital fundraising, membership, and advocacy programs for our clients. Lots of politically progressive groups like Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, and PETA. Cultural organizations we love, like the Central Park Conservancy. And many causes that are working in the most dire situations in the world such as the American Red Cross and Oxfam America.
- Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to find, recruit, and retain supporters in order to raise revenue, win campaigns, and build brand recognition and loyalty for our clients.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Work in a team to create and implement effective digital fundraising campaigns for clients.
- Maintain the client relationship by staying in close contact with clients throughout the day via email and phone, leading weekly check-in calls, and presenting at big strategy meetings.
- Serve as the overall project manager for our work with the client, making sure all deliverables are on time and managing up and down as necessary to get the work done.
- Oversee the many details involved in launching email campaigns using Convio, EveryAction, or whichever CRM your client uses.
- Distill email, web, advertising, and social campaign results into the important lessons that could change how a campaign performs.
- Help draft email, social, and web copy for fundraising, advocacy, and engagement campaigns.
- Review and/or create agendas, notes, calendars, and data reports for clients.
- Keep your teams running smoothly and make sure we’re giving the best possible service to our clients.
- Spearhead strategy documents such as campaign plans and wrap-up reports.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
Skills and experiences you should have:
- 4-5 years of digital fundraising experience, including managing a small-dollar email fundraising program.
- Capability to crunch numbers in Excel and ability to interpret online fundraising metrics and translate them into key takeaways.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Understanding of digital email writing best practices.
- Ability to prioritize your time across projects that have varying complexity and competing deadlines.
- Capability to tackle big projects by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Success delegating up and down to ensure top-notch work products.
- Acute attention to detail - you don’t drop the ball.
- Demonstrated ability to craft meeting agendas to move projects forward.
- Proven track record to successfully pick up new skills on the job.
- Thoughtfulness, empathy, and self awareness. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues.
- Passion for the role that digital fundraising plays in creating change in the world. You are excited by the idea of working across many issues.
- Ability to set goals and drive toward them - never missing deadlines, never dropping balls, and always producing high quality work.
- Recognition that feedback is a part of learning and growth and are committed to both seeking and receiving feedback.
- Preference to work in a team. You are able to do the hard work of seeing things from others’ perspectives.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution. You don’t wait for others to notice issues or assume someone else will fix it.
- You bring a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Demonstrated ability to draft compelling, creative digital direct response copy.
- Track record supporting the professional development of junior staff and/or interns.
- Have worked in an agency setting or at another consulting firm.
- Deep knowledge of best practices for digital organizing, digital advertising, direct mail, telemarketing, social media, and/or media relations.
Salary, benefits and some perks:
- This is an exempt status, unionized position, represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild. The salary is $58,500 plus bonus eligibility. We also offer a generous benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three week’s vacation as well as paid sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with quarterly employer contributions and an employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Free lunch once a week!
- Weekly brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap.
The fine print:
The position could be located in one of the following offices:
1101 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC
262 Washington St, Boston, MA
1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
11 Park Place, New York, NY
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 140 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.