IT Support Specialist
We’re looking for a a top-notch IT Support Specialist to join our team to help our awesome staff. The person in this position provides desktop, server and network support, conducts user trainings and works with our technology-related vendors. We do the backend work to ensure our colleagues have everything they need to support our clients in changing the world.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on any given day:
- Diagnose and resolve computer problems and requests from users.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot hardware and software, including mobile devices, desktops, laptops, phones, printers and copiers.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot any service issues.
- Deploy and collect computer equipment for new hires and terminated employees.
- Create and terminate user accounts and system access.
- Monitor IT equipment inventory.
- Regularly update email distribution lists.
And then there’s you. You...
- Have at least 1–2 years experience.
- Have familiarity with Microsoft and Macintosh operating systems and networks.
- Are well versed in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
- Can work independently and assist with multiple projects, priorities and locations.
- Have excellent attention to detail and strong communication and organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize and produce quality work on short deadlines.
- Have experience with Google Apps management. This is an added benefit, it’s not required.
Salary, Benefits and Some Perks
- One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three weeks vacation as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- Monthly team lunches. Office outings.
The Fine Print
The position is in our DC office, located at:
1901 L St. NW, Washington, DC
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 100 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.