Account Coordinator, Communications & Advocacy
NYC, DC, OAK
M+R is looking for an Account Coordinator to join our Communications & Advocacy division. The right person for this job will have approximately 6 months to one year of demonstrated experience in media relations, preferably with some agency and/or advocacy campaign experience. We need a communications know-it-all who considers themselves a rock star when it comes to advancing clients and causes across online and offline channels. As an Account Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day account administration and media implementation for M+R nonprofit and foundation clients like American Lung Association, Humanity United, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services, Tahirih Justice Center, MacArthur Foundation, Population Connection, Rockefeller Family Fund, and Nuclear Threat Initiative.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on any given day:
- Provide support with account administration, including making sure agendas are done and circulated, notes are taken and distributed in a timely manner, and weekly/monthly wrap-up reports are accurately completed.
- Serve in a media implementation role on accounts, and contribute to earned media strategies and campaigns.
- Contribute to weekly client calls with earned media and other outreach updates, and participate in client presentations as appropriate.
- Produce effective content for earned media outreach, including top-notch writing (e.g., media materials, such as press releases, op-eds, and creative social content).
- Contribute to the development of earned media best practices for the team. Stay abreast of new trends and use that knowledge to inform your work and educate other staff.
Hey! Are you the one we’re looking for?
- Have 6 months to one year of professional earned media and communications experience (internships or full-time employment).
- Experience writing basic PR materials (press releases, media advisories) and performing basic PR tasks (media lists, media monitoring).
- Are an avid follower of the news and have a strong understanding of how the press operates.
- Can articulate your ideas both in writing and in meeting presentation.
- Are a collaborative team player who takes (and gives) feedback constructively.
- Set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Are self-motivated, highly organized, and personable. Actually, you’re kind of awesome and amazing.
- Care about human rights, the environment, justice, education and other important causes as much as we do.
Salary, Benefits and Some Perks
- One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three week’s vacation as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- Weekly “beerstorms” where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Mannequins. Animatronic ponies. It just gets weirder and cooler and fun-ner from here.
The Fine Print
This position can be located in any of the following M+R offices:
• 11 Park Pl., New York, NY
• 1901 L St. NW, Washington, DC
• 1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. We are strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 130 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.