M+R is looking for an Operations Consultant with an interest in business operations and progressive causes to work with our headquarters team in our Washington, DC office. The Operations Consultant plays a pivotal role in providing back end support to ensure our colleagues have everything they need to support our clients in changing the world.
Here's what you'll be doing on any given day. Manage business operations by...
- Maintaining and updating the firm assets inventory schedule and business recovery plans.
- Processing and tracking state professional fundraising counsel registrations with an external consultant.
- Maintaining business registrations and insurance documents.
- Providing data entry and reporting support for operations.
- Managing subcontractor and vendor contract processing, including tracking campaign and lobbying expenses.
- Tracking and implementing client codes in timekeeping system.
- Providing facilities support in DC and other M+R offices as needed.
And then there’s you. You…
- Have 4-6 years of work experience in an operations role.
- Are undaunted by a fast-paced environment with lots of competing priorities. In fact, you thrive in slightly stressful situations where there are lots of balls in the air.
- Are a proven, flawless project manager.
- Are detailed oriented! There are a lot of details. You are the person that finds the typo no one else sees.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Are skillful in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
Salary + Benefits
- One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three weeks of vacation, as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- Monthly team lunches. Office outings.
The Fine Print
This position is based in our Washington, DC office and reports to M+R’s Chief Operating Officer.
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer; people of color, people with disabilities, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
M+R is 130 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.