M+R is looking for an Operations Associate with an interest in business operations and progressive causes to work with our headquarters team in our Washington, DC, office. The Operations Associate plays a pivotal role in providing the backend support to ensure our colleagues have everything they need to support our clients in changing the world. This a great opportunity to learn about how an agency works and gain key operations experience.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on any given day:
Manage business operations support by…
- Administering client, subcontractor and vendor contract processing, including paper and electronic filing and tracking.
- Maintaining and updating firm assets inventory schedule and business recovery plans.
- Processing and tracking state professional fundraising counsel registrations with external consultant.
- Maintaining business registrations and insurance documents.
- Providing data entry and reporting support for operations.
- Providing administration support to other Headquarters Division staff as required.
Support Executive staff by…
- Preparing monthly expense reimbursement and credit card reports for executives.
- Coordinating president’s daily schedule and travel plans.
Manage the DC office by…
- Acting as liaison with building management.
- Answering phones and greeting visitors.
- Maintaining inventory and orders all office and kitchen supplies.
- Coordinating conference rooms reservations.
- Maintaining organization and cleanliness of kitchen, conference rooms and common areas.
- Assisting with the logistical and catering arrangements for internal and external meetings.
- Assisting with office postage, courier and express mail needs.
- Coordinating printing requests with printing vendor.
And then there’s you. You…
- Have 1-2 years of work experience in an administrative or operations role.
- Are undaunted by a fast-paced environment with lots of competing priorities. In fact, you thrive in slightly stressful situations where there are lots of balls in the air.
- Are a proven, flawless project manager.
- Are detailed oriented! There are a lot of details. You are the person that finds the typo no one else sees.
- Can maintain a consistent, punctual 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., five-day-a-week work schedule.
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Have an interest in business operations and a passion for changing the world.
- Previous scheduling experience a plus.
Salary + Benefits
One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
· Three weeks’ vacation, as well as sick and personal days;
· Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
· 401(k) plan with employer match;
· Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care and transit;
· Professional development stipend;
· Monthly team lunches. Office outings.
The Fine Print
This position is based in our Washington, DC, office and reports to M+R’s Senior Strategist, Operations.
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer; people of color, people with disabilities, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
M+R is 100 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.