Facebook Ad Specialist
NYC, DC, BOS
M+R is looking for a new Facebook Ad Specialist to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business.
When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
- Work that is awesome. We are serious about working with clients who are changing the world and alleviating suffering. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
- Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, and pretty cool people who get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
- A critical, fearless approach. Every day we say and do the things that must be said and done, even if the consequences aren’t exactly a barrel of laughs.
- Creativity that just won’t quit. We want you to bring your wacky self to work every day. Not just because it’s fun, but because the wildest idea just might be the thing that works.
So that’s us. Now about the work…
- We run online advocacy and fundraising campaigns. Great big ones you read about in the news and tiny ones you’ve never heard of that are saving lives. Lots of politically progressive groups – Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, PETA, etc. Cultural organizations we love, like the Central Park Conservancy. And many causes that are working in the most dire situations in the world such as the American Red Cross and Oxfam.
- Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to recruit supporters, influence policy, raise money, hold corporations accountable, make the most of news moments, and leave no idea unconsidered that might engage regular people in the world around them.
- Critical to our success is making sure we’re continuously taking advantage of all opportunities to drive online fundraising and advocacy goals and recruit new activists and donors, using both tried and true and cutting edge online advertising technologies.
As our Facebook Ad Specialist here’s what else you’ll be doing on any given day:
- Creating, implementing, and reporting on Facebook advertising campaigns for many of our clients;
- Placing and monitoring media buys - and making adjustments as necessary to optimize results while managing within campaign and account budgets;
- Translating data jargon into clear ad recommendations for clients and team members;
- Driving the creative process by designing and drafting basic social graphics and copy, and providing guidance to graphic designers and client teams;
- Participating in regular client strategy meetings;
- Serve as the dedicated Facebook trainer for our staff and stay on top of Facebook advertising developments and best practices;
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest in social media best practices, tools, and trends.
And then there’s you. You...
- Have 1-3 years of experience running every aspect of Facebook ad campaigns and never tire of geeking out over it;
- Have proficiency with basic graphic design skills in Photoshop and have used them to create social graphics;
- Have experience with other social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, etc.) is a plus;
- You’ve conceived of and implemented countless tests to know what makes a Facebook post or graphic stand out from the rest;
- Have an acute attention to detail and won’t drop the ball. You are the person who spots that misspelled word in the third line of a page description;
- Are no stranger to balancing multiple projects and doing what it takes to meet deadlines;
- Solve problems creatively and thoughtfully;
- Are excited at the prospect of helping amazing organizations figure out how to use their resources to find the right supporters for their cause;
- Take ownership of and initiative in everything you do, and understand how to work in a team;
- Are not afraid to speak your mind – you continually suggest new ideas or ways to improve on old ideas or processes;
- Are kind, friendly, and don’t take yourself too seriously.
Salary, Benefits and Some Perks
- One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three weeks vacation as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- There IS such a thing as free lunch here – on Fridays!
- Weekly “beerstorms” where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap.
The Fine Print
The position could be located in one of the following offices:
1901 L St. NW, Washington, DC
11 Park Place, New York, NY
9 Hamilton Place, Boston, MA
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 130 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.