Human Resources Associate
We’re looking for a top notch Human Resources Associate to join our team and help recruit, onboard and support our awesome staff. Here at M+R the mission of HR is to help the best people get here, be happy, grow their careers, and stay a long time. Sound like a dream job to you? Us too! Join us.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on any given day:
- Conducting Human Resources orientation for new hires and providing all the information new staff need to enroll in benefits and get up to speed on HR policies and procedures.
- Managing recruitment efforts including posting jobs, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and coordinating skills assessments.
- Supporting staffing operations for our digital division and helping manage the process of how we assign staff to clients.
- Handling questions from staff about their benefits and leave.
- Assisting with payroll.
- Managing our annual performance review system as well as creating surveys and trainings that facilitate feedback and support staff development.
- Other ad hoc support to Human Resources team.
And then there’s you. You:
- Have 2-3 years experience in human resources, with at least one year of recruiting experience.
- Have a cute attention to detail. You catch the typo no one else sees.
- Communicate clearly and effectively on email and over the phone. People do not have to ask you to clarify what you mean.
- Really enjoy hearing people’s experiences and stories and are excited to find the right staff for M+R.
- Aren’t daunted by a fast-paced environment with lots of different tasks - and you have an organizational system to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Have experience with ATS tools. This is an added benefit, it’s not required
Salary, Benefits and Some Perks
- One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three week’s vacation as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Mannequins. Animatronic ponies. It just gets weirder and cooler and fun-ner from here.
The Fine Print
The position is in our DC office, located at:
1901 L St. NW, Washington, DC
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 100 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.