Communications & Advocacy Intern
M+R is seeking a strong, hard-working and motivated candidate to join our team as a full- or part-time Communications & Advocacy Intern, which will consist of communications, social media, and organizing duties. This position is paid and may be full or part-time.
- Assist with writing, proofreading, copying, and distributing press materials (press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, follow-up letters, etc.)
- Research various media outlets for story angles and placement ideas
- Build and maintain media lists for various client projects
- Provide communications and social media support to integrated issue campaigns, as well as assist with online and offline grassroots and grasstops campaigns
- Assist with overarching field and political strategies at the federal and state levels
- Support social media community building and management through implementing M+R’s best practices for real-time content creation, advertising, and promoted posts, as well as compiling analytics reports
- Assist with the development of new business research
- Compile and record clips of client’s media coverage
- Assist client teams with various day-to-day account operation
- Other duties as assigned
Hey! Are you the one we’re looking for?
- Currently a student or recent college graduate
- Proficiency in Lexis-Nexis, THOMAS, and other online searchable databases
- Experience with media contact databases, such as Cision, and organizing tools, like Salsa
- Experience with managing online communities through social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, as well as Facebook’s Insights
- Fluency in basic aspects of policy and understanding of the legislative process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Previous internship experience preferred
The Fine Print
The position is in our Los Angeles office, located in DTLA’s Arts District: 1275 East 6th St., Los Angeles, CA
Pay is available. Interested applicants should apply using the button on this page. Please indicate whether or not you would be available for full or part-time work (if part-time note the specific days/times you are available). No calls, please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 100 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.