Associate, Digital Fundraising & Advocacy
NYC, DC, BOS
Digital Fundraising & Advocacy
We’re looking for an Associate to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business in our Digital Fundraising and Advocacy Practice Area.
When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
- Work that is awesome. We only work with clients who are changing the world. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
- Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who bring the smarts, get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
So that’s us. Now about the work…
- We run digital fundraising, membership, and advocacy programs for our clients. Lots of politically progressive groups like Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, and PETA. Cultural organizations we love, like the Central Park Conservancy. And many causes that are working in the most dire situations in the world such as the American Red Cross and Oxfam America.
- Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to find, recruit, and retain supporters in order to raise revenue, win campaigns, and build brand recognition and loyalty for our clients.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Work in a team to create and implement effective digital campaigns for clients.
- Manage eCRM technology such as ActionKit and Luminate to code email communications in HTML and run queries to launch emails.
- Execute A/B testing plans to optimize emails and webforms.
- Pull and analyze data email messaging, fundraising performance, advocacy engagement, and more.
- Help draft action alerts, social media copy, and other creative materials.
- Project management: Keep task lists, meetings agendas, and communications calendars across your clients.
- Wrangle teammates at all levels to keep your teams running smoothly. Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
Skills and experiences you should have:
- 1-3 years of digital marketing experience.
- Ability to code basic HTML by hand (not using a program or tool).
- Capability to crunch numbers in Excel and draw insights from the results.
- Acute attention to detail - you don’t drop the ball.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Ability to prioritize your time to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Capability to tackle big projects by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Proven track record to successfully pick up new skills on the job.
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Thoughtfulness, empathy, and self awareness. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues.
- Passion for the role that digital campaigning plays in creating change in the world. You are excited by the idea of working across many issues.
- Ability to set goals and drive toward them - never missing deadlines, never dropping balls, and always producing high quality work.
- Recognition that feedback is a part of learning and growth and are committed to both seeking and receiving feedback.
- Preference to work in a team. You are able to do the hard work of seeing things from others’ perspectives.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution. You don’t wait for others to notice issues or assume someone else will fix it.
- Experience bringing a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Have worked in an agency setting or at another consulting firm.
- Have experience with non-digital fundraising, whether that’s direct mail, telemarketing, canvassing, grant management, mid-level, and/or major giving.
- Have worked for nonprofits, electoral campaigns, and/or other issue campaigns.
Salary, benefits and some perks:
- This is a non-exempt, unionized position, represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild. The salary is $52,000 plus bonus eligibility. We also offer a generous benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three week’s vacation as well as paid sick and personal days.
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits.
- 401(k) plan with quarterly employer contributions and an employer match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Free lunch once a week!
- Weekly brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas.
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap.
The fine print:
The position could be located in one of the following offices:
1101 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC
262 Washington St, Boston, MA
11 Park Place, New York, NY
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 140 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.