Digital Advertising Manager
NYC, DC, OAK, BOS
We’re looking for an ace Digital Advertising Manager to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business.
When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
- Work that is awesome. We are serious about working with clients who are changing the world and alleviating suffering. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
- Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, and pretty cool people who get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
- A critical, fearless approach. Every day we say and do the things that must be said and done, even if the consequences aren’t exactly a barrel of laughs.
- Creativity that just won’t quit. We want you to bring your wacky self to work every day. Not just because it’s fun, but because the craziest idea just might be the thing that works.
So that’s us. Now about the work…
- We run online advocacy and fundraising campaigns. Great big ones you read about in the news and tiny ones you’ve never heard of that are saving lives. Lots of politically progressive groups – Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, PETA, Sierra Club, etc. Cultural organizations we love, like the Central Park Conservancy. And many causes that are working in the most dire situations in the world such as the American Red Cross and Oxfam.
- Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to recruit supporters, influence policy, raise money, hold corporations accountable, make the most of news moments, and leave no crazy idea unconsidered that might engage regular people in the world around them.
- Critical to our success is making sure we’re continuously taking advantage of all opportunities to drive online fundraising and advocacy goals and recruit new activists and donors, using both tried and true and cutting edge online advertising technologies.
As our Digital Advertising Manager, here’s what else you’ll be doing on any given day:
- Participating in client strategy and media planning meetings
- Working with ad team to implement and manage digital advertising campaigns across our clients. This includes display/retargeting,video, mobile, SEM, email marketing, and Facebook advertising.
- Providing guidance to graphic designer and client teams on effective creative.
- Negotiating terms with advertising venues, review and finalize contracts, approve invoices.
- Placing and monitoring media buys – and making adjustments as necessary to optimize results.
- Evaluate digital advertising performance – produce detailed reports on campaigns.
- Research new advertising venues and stay abreast of online advertising trends; develop and maintain relationships with vendors and partners.
- Consistently use findings to inform best practices and train staff.
And then there’s you. You…
- Have 1-3 years of digital advertising experience; ideally with an agency.
- Are comfortable with implementing ads and reporting in Doubleclick Campaign Manager and Doubleclick Bid Manager. This experience is required. Experience in Facebook is a plus.
- Are detailed-oriented! There are lots of details. You are the person who spots that misplaced pixel that’s not tracking conversions properly.
And here's the skills we'd like you to have - but they aren't required
- Love getting your hands dirty with data – you can make your way around Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, and pivot tables with ease and interpret the results.
- Have worked with tools such as Adwords, Mediamath, Turn, X+1, AdRoll or similar platforms.
- Are excited at the prospect of helping amazing organizations figure out how to use their resources to find the right supporters for their cause.
- Are wildly curious about what’s next in the world-changing-business and game to help us get there.
- Are a true believer. You want to change the world. You are hopeful and helpful and ready to keep your boots on the ground and eye on the prize.
- Take ownership of and initiative in everything you do, and understand how to work in a team.
- Are not afraid to speak your mind – you continually suggest new ideas or ways to improve on old ideas or processes.
Salary, Benefits and Some Perks
- One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three week’s vacation as well as sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- There IS such a thing as free lunch here – on Fridays!
- Weekly “beerstorms” where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Mannequins. Animatronic ponies. It just gets weirder and cooler and fun-ner from here.
The Fine Print
This position can be located in any of the following M+R offices:
• 11 Park Pl., New York, NY
• 1901 L St. NW, Washington, DC
• 9 Hamilton Place, Boston, MA
• 1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. We are strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 130 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.