NYC, DC, OAK, BOS
Analytics & Optimization
We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of data analysis experience to become a Data Analyst in our Analytics and Optimization Area.
When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
- Work that is awesome. We only work with clients who are changing the world. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
- Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who bring the smarts, get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
So that’s us. Now about the work:
- We run online advocacy and fundraising campaigns. Great big ones you read about in the news and tiny ones you’ve never heard of that are saving lives. Lots of politically progressive groups – Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, PETA. Environmental groups such as National Geographic and Oceana, and cultural organizations we love, like the American Museum of Natural History.
- Day-to-day, we’re using data to answer the fundamental questions and tackle the fundamental challenges our clients face.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Work with account teams to produce reports and analyses such as: return on investment analyses, retention analyses, testing analyses and other campaign reporting.
- Develop custom reporting dashboards (reporting, social, news, ads, etc), including managing data collection processes and procedures.
- Assist with our annual Benchmarks report, collecting, analyzing and Q/A-ing data.
- Train and support new staff in the basics of reporting and analysis and provide ad hoc support in Excel, Google Sheets and other products.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
Skills and experiences you should have:
- 3-5 years of work experience in data analysis.
- Proficiency in manipulating and analyzing data in both Excel and SQL
- Proven ability to break down complex data problems into smart, logical processes.
- Ability to identify and gather all requirements at the outset of a project.
- Ability to prioritize your time across projects that have varying complexity and competing deadlines
- Ability to annotate data deliverables and communicate your thinking and processes to others.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and improve existing skills
- Acute attention to detail - you don’t drop the ball
- Thoughtfulness, empathy, and self-awareness. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues.
- Passion for the role that analytics plays in creating change in the world. You are excited by the idea of working across many issues.
- Ability to set goals and drive toward them - never missing deadlines, never dropping balls, and always producing high-quality work.
- Recognition that feedback is a part of learning and growth and are committed to both seeking and receiving feedback.
- Preference to work in a team. You are able to do the hard work of seeing things from others’ perspectives.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution. You don’t wait for others to notice issues or assume someone else will fix it.
- You bring a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Experience with R, Google Analytics, Tableau.
- Experience designing and evaluating A/B tests.
- Prior experience with non-profits or political/issue campaigns.
Salary, benefits, and some perks:
- This is an exempt position. The salary for this position starts at $66,000, plus bonus eligibility. Exact salary is dependent on experience and new staff rarely start above this salary. We also offer a generous benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three week’s vacation as well as paid sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with quarterly employer contributions and an employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Free lunch once a week!
- Weekly brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap.
The fine print:
The position could be located in one of the following offices:
1101 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC.
11 Park Place, New York, NY
262 Washington St, Boston, MA
1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
M+R is 140 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.