Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist assists our Finance Department in the accounting operations of M+R.
- The Accounts Payable Specialist assists our Finance Department in the accounting operations of the organization. This position is based in our Washington, DC office and reports to M+R’s Assistant Controller.
- Review and code invoices for payment.
- Enter source documents in our accounting system (invoices, expense reports, etc.).
- Create and maintain vendor files.
- Prepare reconciliation reports.
- Prepare 1099s.
- Verify documents for approvals.
- Prepare weekly check run.
- Check entries and documents to ensure accuracy and proper coding.
- Other financial tasks as needed.
- A minimum of 1+ years professional work experience.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and produce quality, accurate work.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Preference will be given to applicants that have worked with Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) software.
Salary + Benefits
- Salary based upon experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K plan
The Fine Print
The position is in our DC office, located at 1901 L St. NW, Washington, DC
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 100 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.