Information Security Specialist
5 - IT & Information Security – Information Security Team /
Full Time, ENG JD /
Mujin is a robotics company with its own software development. In the past 12 years, we're focused on the Factory Automation area to solve the lack of labor shortage. Our mission is "Liberate humans from manual labor to make them focus on creativity, innovation, and making the world a better place."Currently, we’re rapidly expanding our business in Japan, US, and China.
Mujin Inc. is expanding its horizons and is looking for an experienced hands-on information security specialist for creating and managing various aspects of its information security management program. Due to rapid growth, there will be number of areas to expand your technical skills, experiences, and challenges, besides the career growth opportunities as the company expands globally. You will be expected to play a critical role as a subject matter expert in the Information Security (InfoSec) functional group of Mujin’s Global Information Security Office to proactively protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and privacy elements of the information and data. And, to promote Mujin’s Information Security programs with all local and global stakeholders.
- Plan and implement all aspects of InfoSec Risk Management Program across the organization.
- Evaluate policies, processes, procedures, and business impact analysis (BIA) on a regular basis.
- Achieve ISO27001 certification and conduct operational review of security controls to meet ISO27001/2 and other industry standards and regulatory requirements annually.
- Promote cloud adoption from the perspective of managing security, risks, and scalability.
- Create necessary tools for assessments, KRIs, reports, dashboards, and security posture.
- Manage incidents (IR), create plans and playbooks, and execute preparedness drills.
- Perform data protection and governance activities to ensure security and privacy of all data.
- Respond to changes in regulatory requirements, industry standards, and trends related to information security, analyze for implications, and take measures as necessary.
- As information security expertise should work closely with peers and all the team leaders to manage InfoSec agendas and follow up on all remediation tasks, training, and awareness activities to establish a security culture in Mujin. To ensure compliance with the organization’s chosen industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in a relevant field.
- More than 2 years of information security operations and/or information risk management experience.
- Sound knowledge of or hands-on experience with information security management systems (ISMS) standards/frameworks, such as ISO27001/2, NIST, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of security and privacy laws/regulatory compliance.
- Experience in one or more of conducting and/or assisting technical risk assessments/audits of networks, cloud environments, and operating systems (e.g., Win/Mac, Unix/Linux, iOS/Android).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and/or certifications (CISSP, CISM) are preferred
- Sound technical expertise in the information and data security fields.
- Proven record of managing controls (APPI/GDPR/CCPA) for privacy compliance.
- Proven record of planning and building organizational governance, risk, and compliance programs to meet standards and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with GRC tools is a plus.
- Experience in managing Key Risk Indicators (KRI).
- Experience of working on or obtaining industry certifications (e.g., ISO 27001, IEC 62443, SOC 2, etc.)
- Bilingual in English and Japanese
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and broaden experience, as Mujin grows globally.
- As part of a diverse team, you'll be working primarily in English with talented employees from 27 different countries.
- Mujin's culture is structured to emphasize small teams with broad responsibilities, leaving you the ability to make decisions and implement new ideas/technologies.
3-8-5 Tatsumi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0053, Japan
Nearest Station: Tatsumi Station, Shinonome Station
8:45 - 17:45 (with a 60-minute break)
・Flexible, depending on experience and skills
・Salary revision twice a year
・Additional bonuses or incentives may be available based on performance
・Two days off per week (Every Saturday and Sunday)
・Annual paid leave
・Celebration or condolence leave
・Family caregiver leave
・Other holidays as defined by the company
・Flexible dress code policy
・Social insurance (including Employment, Industrial Accident Compensation, Health Insurance, and Pension)
・Monthly team dinner support
If you relocate from outside of Japan, we will provide the following support.
・One-way flight to Japan
・Shipping expenses covered up to a specified limit
・Temporary housing assist
・Permanent housing assist