Sr. Software Engineer
Suwanee, GA, USA
1 - Software Development – Product Team /
Full Time, ENG JD /
Mujin is the future of industrial robotic systems in production and distribution environments. Our technology gives robots perception and awareness, enabling them to take on more advanced tasks. Our aim is to revolutionize the use of robotics within industry to free human resources from labor intensive tasks to focus on more intellectual challenges.
As a Sr. Software Engineer at Mujin, you will collaborate with a world-class team of doers and dive into challenging technical problems to deliver our solutions. This role requires a combination of engineering knowledge, problem solving, curiosity, innovation, leadership, and communication. You will be an integration lead for robotic solution deployments, providing remote and onsite support. You will need troubleshooting and analysis skills while understanding and adopting best practices. Your projects will be focused have a North America focus, but there will be opportunities to work closely with colleagues in our offices in both China and Japan.
- Set up industrial robots, demo cells, end effectors, cameras, lighting, compressed air, robot controllers, and vision systems
- Execute robot systems demos for customers
- Provide support for systems deployed to remote customer sites
- Support installation and configuration of Mujin controller and other equipment at customer sites
- Program Mujin controller with our Python API to bring new applications to life
- Interfacing / communication with new devices, material handling equipment, etc.
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in an environment of rapid change, natural curiosity and elevated observational skills in the workplace
- BS in Robotics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Coding proficiency in Python, and other languages using Linux
- 5+ years of relevant experience and engineering team leadership experience
- Industrial software deployment experience, and ability to configure robot per site and application
- Ability to read specification sheets and produce project-dependent software specs
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the year, as required by project demands, allowing you to provide onsite support and engage with customers effectively
- Experience interfacing warehouse management tools (WMS)
- Hands-on experience with six and seven-axis robot arm task creation
- Hands-on experience with ROS, Gazebo, RViz, and API creation, etc.
- PLC and safety controller programming experience is a plus
- Work experience in design / R&D in a manufacturing or logistics related company
- Familiar with industrial safety regarding robotic systems; RIA members a plus
Since our expansion to North America, we have encountered substantial demand for our groundbreaking robotics technology. If you are seeking a job in innovative robotics and automation, Mujin offers an exciting opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology and be at the forefront of the industry's advancements. As part of the Mujin team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the leaders in the robotics space, as we work together to change the face of industrial automation.
Mujin Corp. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability if the individual is otherwise qualified, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, familial status, parental status, HIV/AIDS status, sickle cell trait, DNA analysis, or any other protected characteristics as governed by federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all the Company activities, including hiring, placement, promotion, discipline, termination, compensation, and training.