Sr. Electrical Engineer
Suwanee, GA, USA
2 - Robot System Integration – System Integration Team /
Full Time, ENG JD /
Mujin is the future of industrial robotic systems in production and distribution environments. Our technology gives robots perception and awareness, enabling them to take on more advanced tasks. Our aim is to revolutionize the use of robotics within industry to free human resources from labor intensive tasks to focus on more intellectual challenges.
Mujin is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Electrical Engineer to join our dynamic team. As part of our world-class team, you will collaborate with talented professionals, collectively solving challenging technical problems to deliver innovative solutions. In this role, you will utilize your engineering expertise, exceptional problem-solving abilities, natural curiosity, innovative mindset, effective leadership, and strong communication skills. As an integration lead for robotic solution deployments, you will provide comprehensive remote and onsite support, ensuring the successful implementation of our cutting-edge technologies. Your projects will be focused in North America, but there will be opportunities to work closely with colleagues in our offices in both China and Japan.
- Execute the setup and configuration of various components, including industrial robots, demo cells, end effectors, cameras, lighting, compressed air systems, robot controllers, and vision systems, ensuring seamless integration and functionality
- Provide expert support for systems deployed at remote customer sites, ensuring smooth operation and addressing any technical issues that may arise promptly and effectively
- Assist in the installation and configuration of the Mujin controller and associated equipment at customer sites, ensuring seamless integration into existing systems and troubleshooting any compatibility or connectivity issues
- Generate accurate and detailed electrical schematics for our systems and various subsystems, including dedicated electrical enclosures, to facilitate efficient implementation and maintenance
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to ensure the manufacturing of electrical cabinets adheres to the highest industry standards, such as NEC (NFPA70) and UL508/UL508A, while maintaining uncompromising product quality
- Utilize your programming skills to program PLC and safety controllers as required, enabling optimal functionality and performance during demos and customer deployments
- Possess a positive attitude and thrive in an environment of rapid change, exhibiting natural curiosity and elevated observational skills in the workplace, enabling you to quickly identify and solve complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering, providing a strong foundation for this role, with a focus on electrical systems and automation
- Demonstrate a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a similar capacity, showcasing your extensive knowledge and expertise in electrical systems integration and deployment
- Showcase industrial electrical design experience, with the ability to proficiently generate AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN drawings, ensuring accurate documentation and streamlined implementation
- Previous experience and proficiency using EPLAN for electrical engineering design and documentation, including applying relevant standards and regulations, selecting and configuring components, generating and managing technical documents, and collaborating and communicating with other stakeholders.
- Exhibit competence in reading specification sheets and procuring necessary electrical components from suppliers, ensuring adherence to project requirements and specifications
- Display comprehensive experience in the safeguarding, maintenance, and manipulation of industrial robots, ensuring their optimal performance and safety in various applications
- Willingness to travel up to 35% of the year, as required by project demands, allowing you to provide onsite support and engage with customers effectively
- Work experience in design, research, and/or development in a warehousing related company
- Hands-on experience with six and seven-axis robot arm task creation, conveyor belt systems, industrial sensors, manufacturing, CNC, robotic tooling, etc.
- Coding proficiency in C++, Python, SQL and other languages using Linux, PLC experience
- Experience with all major ethernet protocols: EthernetIP, TCP/IP, MODBUS, SERCOS, etc
- Work experience in design / R&D in a manufacturing or logistics related company
- Familiar with industrial safety with respect to robotic systems; RIA members a plus
- Experience in the safeguarding, maintenance, and manipulation of industrial robots
Since our expansion to North America, we have encountered substantial demand for our groundbreaking robotics technology. If you're seeking a job in cutting-edge robotics and automation, Mujin offers an exciting opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology and be at the forefront of the industry's advancements. As part of the Mujin team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the leaders in the robotics space, as we work together to change the face of industrial automation.
Mujin Corp. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability if the individual is otherwise qualified, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, familial status, parental status, HIV/AIDS status, sickle cell trait, DNA analysis, or any other protected characteristics as governed by federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all the Company activities, including hiring, placement, promotion, discipline, termination, compensation, and training.