Suwanee, GA, USA
2 - Robot System Integration – System Integration Team /
Full Time, ENG JD /
Mujin is the future of industrial robotic systems in production and distribution environments. Our technology gives robots perception and awareness, enabling them to take on more advanced tasks. Our aim is to revolutionize the use of robotics within industry to free human resources from labor intensive tasks to focus on more intellectual challenges.
Mujin is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Engineering Manager, Integration. The role requires strong leadership and technical abilities and an understanding of mechanical, electrical and systems engineering. We are looking for a professional who can provide engineering support for robotic system solutions, with responsibility in tracking test plans, schedules, and associated deliverables for multiple concurrent projects while managing team resources and balancing needs in a dynamic, fast paced working environment.
- Communicate technical project status discussions with Project Managers
- Maintain project execution critical path to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Understand and meet project budget requirements set at onset of each project
- Act as a liason to the project managers, leading with clear communicating of goals and dates
- Actively manage team workload, task prioritization, and project allocation
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of team members
- Offer technical support for systems deployed to remote customer sites, ensuring smooth operation, and addressing any issues that may arise promptly and effectively
- Own the customer support line and delegate incoming calls to the appropriate integration team members
- Assist in the installation and configuration of the Mujin controller and other equipment at customer sites, ensuring seamless integration into existing systems and troubleshooting any compatibility or connectivity issues
- Teach team members how to setup and use the Mujin controller and manage team onboarding sessions
- Set up and configure various components including industrial robots, demo cells, end effectors, cameras, lighting, compressed air systems, robot controllers, and vision systems, ensuring seamless integration and functionality
- Ensure integration area is prepped for projects ahead of schedule by ensuring floorspace allocation, electrical power, and air supply meets requirements
- Author test plans for projects, provide quality assurance on equipment and systems, write technical standard operating procedures(SOPs) to enable supplier coordination, and support engineering processes managed by other acting teams (project management, design, supply chain, and manufacturing)
- Support building a worldclass culture and team capable of deploying systems to the highest standards and levels of customer satisfaction
- Leadership mentality with ability to empower team members to perform their best and accomplish goals of the organization
- Demonstrated positive attitude and ability to thrive in an environment of rapid change, coupled with a natural curiosity and keen observational skills in the workplace, enabling you to quickly identify and solve complex problems
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- A minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience, highlighting your expertise in the field and a record of accomplishment of successfully delivering robotics projects
- Proficiency in industrial mechanical design, with the ability to generate CAD models or system layouts. Familiarity with SolidWorks and AutoCAD is a plus, allowing you to effectively design and optimize robotic systems
- Ability to read and interpret specification sheets, as well as procure necessary mechanical components from suppliers, ensuring adherence to project requirements and specifications
- Experience in the safeguarding, maintenance, and manipulation of industrial robots, ensuring their optimal performance and safety in various applications
- Willingness to travel up to 35% of the year, as required by project demands, allowing you to provide onsite support and engage with customers effectively
- Hands-on experience with the creation of tasks for six and seven-axis robot arms, conveyor belt systems, industrial sensors, manufacturing processes, CNC, robotic tooling, and related areas, enabling you to design and optimize complex robotic workflows
- Previous work experience in design and research and development within a manufacturing or logistics-related company, providing valuable insights and expertise in implementing robotic solutions in real-world settings
- Familiarity with industrial safety best practices concerning robotic systems, ensuring adherence to safety standards and guidelines.
- Experience with pneumatic systems and the ability to perform capacity sizing of such systems, allowing you to effectively design and optimize pneumatic subsystems for robotic applications
Since our expansion to North America, we have encountered substantial demand for our groundbreaking robotics technology. If you're seeking a job in cutting-edge robotics and automation, Mujin offers an exciting opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology and be at the forefront of the industry's advancements. As part of the Mujin team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the leaders in the robotics space, as we work together to change the face of industrial automation.
Mujin Corp. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability if the individual is otherwise qualified, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, familial status, parental status, HIV/AIDS status, sickle cell trait, DNA analysis, or any other protected characteristics as governed by federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all the Company activities, including hiring, placement, promotion, discipline, termination, compensation, and training.