Senior Product Designer for intelligent Robotics
1 - Software Development – Frontend System Team /
Full Time, ENG JD /
Mujin uses robotics technology to develop smart automation solutions for logistics and manufacturing. Our technology gives robots perception and awareness, enabling them to take on more advanced tasks by applying our unique approach to industrial robotics, Machine Intelligence (MujinMI). Our advanced technology is already used by multiple Fortune 100 companies.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our R&D team in Tokyo, Japan. As a member of the R&D team, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to contribute to the future of intelligent robots by creating new user experiences for the MujinController UI. Our goal is to make intelligent robots accessible to anyone with no custom development or training required - a completely self-guided user experience. Join an award winning team who are dedicated to creating a positive impact on the world.
What you’ll do
- Design human-to-machine user experiences. Your design solutions will make it easy for humans and robots to interact, enabling them to collaborate effectively.
- Lead the design process from start to finish. You’ll own the entire end-to-end UX design journey, from initial ideas to polished user interfaces.
- Produce multiple concepts and prototypes. Rapidly experiment with new concepts and continuously improve current solutions. You’ll understand when deeper understanding is required, and when to pivot and try another approach.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams. You’ll work with industry-leading experts to create intuitive user experiences that meet real human needs and business goals.
- Contribute to product strategy. Work closely with senior leadership to influence product direction and create strategic visions for the MujinController UI.
- Take a holistic view: You’ll consider the bigger picture beyond immediate UI design challenges. Map out larger problem / opportunity spaces to set the context for your work, and build interconnected solutions. You’ll design for the evolution of the MujinController ecosystem.
- Drive product design standards. You’ll own and contribute to the MujinController UI design system and demonstrate strong design values and cohesive user experiences.
- Grow our design practice. We are a small but passionate team of designers and engineers - you’ll proactively introduce new methods, rituals, and ways of working that raise the quality of product design at Mujin.
Who you are
- You’ve led the design of multiple product launches in a fast-growing company.
- You have significant experience designing for complex enterprise user experiences - native or web. Industrial product design knowledge is a plus.
- You are human-centric and evidence-driven. Your design work and decision-making are based on objectives and outcomes.
- You prioritize collaboration in your design process. You enjoy working closely with engineers and subject matter experts to solve problems as a team.
- You have the communication skills to speak confidently about your own design decisions and can convince others of your reasoning.
- Your facilitation skills help bring others into the design process and have experience leading brainstorming workshops, design sprints, and requirement-gathering activities.
- You have excellent UI visual design skills but can see the bigger picture. You have experience mapping user journeys to create a cohesive overall customer experience.
- You’re passionate about sharing your design experience and raising the bar for the design practice at Mujin. Previous experience mentoring designers is a plus.
- Experience running user studies to identify underlying user needs and motivations is a plus.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
3-8-5 Tatsumi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0053, Japan
Nearest Station: Tatsumi Station, Shinonome Station
8:45 - 17:45 (with a 60-minute break)
・Flexible, depending on experience and skills
・Salary revision twice a year
・Additional bonuses or incentives may be available based on performance
・Two days off per week (Every Saturday and Sunday)
・Annual paid leave
・Celebration or condolence leave
・Family caregiver leave
・Other holidays as defined by the company
・Flexible dress code policy
・Social insurance (including Employment, Industrial Accident Compensation, Health Insurance, and Pension)
・Monthly team dinner support
If you relocate from outside of Japan, we will provide the following support.
・One-way flight to Japan
・Shipping expenses covered up to a specified limit
・Temporary housing assist
・Permanent housing assist