Senior Software Engineer (C++), Backend
Tokyo, Japan /
1 - Software Development – Backend System Team /
Full Time, ENG JD
Mujin is a robotics start up company. In the past 12 years, we're focused on the Factory Automation area to solve the lack of labor shortage. Our mission is "Liberate humans from manual labor to make them focus on creativity, innovation, and making the world a better place."
Currently, we’re rapidly expanding our business in Japan, US, and China.
To support our global development, we're looking for more talents and Robotics enthusiasts to join us. As a particularly important part of Mujin, Our backend team focuses on the Operating System architecture, design, development, and deployment of Mujin's motion planning AI-equipped intelligent robot controllers.
Also, Mujin is going to global marketing this year, you will be given a lot of chances to participate in our globalization development.
- Real-time OS and real-time network protocols
- Linux kernel modules, Linux boot, and base system, hardware drivers
- System security, TPM, and data encryption
- Build tools and infrastructure, deployment, remote control, and upgrade system
- High-performance HTTP server
- ZeroMQ inter-process communication
- High-efficiency database
- Cloud services
- Develop drivers to interface with industrial hardware such as robots, conveyors, 3D cameras, sensors, PLC, AGV, ASRS, WMS
- Solve cutting-edge complex technical challenges throughout the entire system
- Occasional business trips to customer sites in Japan and abroad
<Design and implement a wide variety of system software>
<Design and implement reliable, high-performance backend services and APIs for industrial robot controllers>
- BSc degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields, or equivalent academic or work experience
- Excellent experience and high proficiency in C++ and Python
- Advanced Linux user, excellent experience in Linux software development
- Expert in Linux internals, networking stack, network protocols, routing, async I/O, Docker and its internal workings
- Experience in full-stack development
- Technical communication skills in English
- Expert in real-time OS, Linux kernel module development, EtherCAT
- Experience in robotic software development
- We are looking for those who are prepared to dedicate themselves to facing big challenges, work proactively and independently, and take ownership when working with members across the teams!
- You will get your “hands dirty” working on all aspects of the industrial robot controller, not being confined to a specific component in the system. The work is challenging, mostly like something that you have never done before, requiring extensive research.
- Since the work is widely applicable, it will affect everyone in the engineering team, making the Backend System Engineers the likely “go-to” people. You will have chances to travel and work onsite to integrate cutting-edge industrial systems such as AGVs and ASRS.
- Tatsumi office: 3-8-5 Tatsumi, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-0053 Japan
- 8:45-17:45 (Includes 1-hour break)
- Two full days off per a week (Saturday, Sunday)
- Holidays scheduled on the Company’s calendar
- Paid Leaves
- Congratulation/Condolence, Maternity/Childcare, Family Caregiver Leave
- Flexible depending on experience and skills
- Visa Support
- Commuting Allowance
- Social Insurance
- No dress code (You can dress casually)
- Buffet lunch (Free) ⇒Check in Mujin blog
- Drinks and Snacks (Free) / High-end coffee machine (Free) ⇒Check in Mujin blog
- Gym facilities in the office⇒ Check in Mujin blog