Computer Vision Engineer
Suwanee, GA, USA
1 - Software Development – Computer Vision Team /
Full Time, ENG JD /
Mujin is the future of industrial robotic systems in production and distribution environments. Our technology gives robots perception and awareness, enabling them to take on more advanced tasks. Our aim is to revolutionize the use of robotics within industry to free human resources from labor intensive tasks to focus on more intellectual challenges.
As a Computer Vision Engineer, you will be a part of the Mujin R&D team, focusing on the algorithmic design, development, and deployment of computer vision applications for high-speed recognition. You will work directly with and expand on the world’s first 3D vision system for factory automation and logistics solutions.
If you would like to apply real-time computer vision algorithms to robotics and join the industrial automation revolution, this role is for you!
- Solve cutting-edge scientific and technical challenges related to recognition and pose estimation of a very wide variety of objects in challenging scenarios
- Analyze and evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms related to detection and pose estimation, from both academic and industrial research, and implement and enhance them in a production environment
- Design, develop and evaluate the performance of highly scalable and accurate real-time computer vision applications in Python and C/C++
- Perform detailed tests, carry out performance analysis on algorithms, and use continuous integration tools to finely enhance the rapidly deployed algorithms
- 3+ years of applied computer vision experience
- Graduating/graduated from Computer Science with a MS or Ph.D.
- Ability to develop applications and tools in Python and/or C++
- 3D pose estimation of textured and texture-less objects in cluttered scenes
- Broad experience with computer vision libraries
- Mathematical background
- Previous contributions to open-source projects
- Experience in object tracking, SLAM, computer graphics, augmented reality, machine learning, or robotics projects
About the Role:
- You'll work directly with researchers from the world’s top-tier universities and labs in robotics, computer vision, and image and signal processing. The team includes Ph. D. and MS grads from Carnegie Mellon, Stanford, and more.
- Mujin has the most active real-world deployments of industrial computer vision systems. That means you won't be working in a vacuum--you'll have access to the largest set of customer feedback data in this industry globally.
- Our computer vision algorithms are robust enough to run on 24/7 systems, handling thousands of items per customer, for diverse customers and applications. The challenges of enlarging its capabilities toward more autonomy, scalability, and diversity of applications mean you will never stop learning at Mujin.
Since our expansion to North America, we have encountered substantial demand for our groundbreaking robotics technology. If you're seeking a job in cutting-edge robotics and automation, Mujin offers an exciting opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology and be at the forefront of the industry's advancements. As part of the Mujin team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the leaders in the robotics space, as we work together to change the face of industrial automation.
Mujin Corp. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability if the individual is otherwise qualified, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, familial status, parental status, HIV/AIDS status, sickle cell trait, DNA analysis, or any other protected characteristics as governed by federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all the Company activities, including hiring, placement, promotion, discipline, termination, compensation, and training.