Senior Software Engineer - Cryptography
Full-time Onsite or Remote
Elrond represents a highly scalable, fast and secure blockchain platform for distributed apps, enterprise use cases and the new internet economy.
We think every successful initiative is the result of a tremendous team effort from a passionate, focused, and forward-thinking group of individuals.
Do you want to be part of the blockchain industry revolution? Here’s your chance.
We are looking for a curious, open-minded software engineer with a passion for building quality production systems software. Research is an important component of what we do, however, our passion is to change the world by shipping great software.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Designing APIs for cryptographic libraries that are easy to use and hard to misuse
- Implement cryptographic tools and algorithms
- Signature schemes, including multi and threshold signatures
- Distributed key generation algorithms
- Merkle trees
- Encryption schemes
- Zero-knowledge proofs
- Key management
- Authentication mechanisms and securing data in flight and at rest
- Ensuring secure coding practices and compatibility with client-based applications (browsers, Ledger devices, etc.)
- Help us change the world
To succeed in this role, you:
- Have a good understanding and experience in using cryptographic protocols (encryption and signature schemes, zero-knowledge proofs, etc.).
- Have previous experience in systems security and implementation best practices.
- Have experience in implementing cryptographic primitives and using hardware/trusted execution environments (smart-cards, HSM, SGX, SEV, etc.).
- Have a deep understanding of at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Rust or Go.
- Have experience in deploying systems that run 24x7x365. Building the monitoring, alarming, and tooling required to keep them healthy.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field. The unique challenges at Elrond have attracted many engineers with advanced degrees, however, your practical experience is more important to us than your educational background.
We will offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Start-up atmosphere where everybody is agile without being AGILE
- The opportunity to create something really meaningful that will be used by millions of people
- Competitive salary
- Fast, dynamic & unique working environment
Join Elrond and help us shape the world for the better!