Project Manager - Bridge
Portland, OR /
Quincy – Transportation /
This position is based in our Portland, OR, Vancouver, WA, or Salem, OR offices.
What gets you out of bed each morning? Is it knowing you’re pursuing your passion for designing and building roads and bridges? Is it that you’re helping better the communities in which you live and work? Or is it that you get the opportunity to work on and lead transportation projects every day? We have an opportunity for an outstanding individual to join the Quincy Engineering team as a Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager.
We are looking for Project Managers who have a knack for organization and a passion for transportation engineering to join our team of seller-doers. Use your technical and managerial skills to serve our clients and communities while working with an awesome team of engineers in the process. You’ll tackle unique and provocative projects and have an opportunity to help lead the company’s technical and project delivery initiatives.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plans, develops, coordinates and directs a number of large and complex projects
- Plan and deliver federally-funded projects for State and Local Agency clients
- Serve as a staff/technical specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, methods or processes in resolution of unique engineering problems
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work of a staff of engineers and technicians
- May serve as resident engineer and/or structure representative on construction projects
- May supervise staff engineers, including evaluating their progress and results obtained, and determining a course of action (including change if needed) to achieve overall objectives
- Develop and foster relationships with a network of contacts and clients that will lead to future projects
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- CA or OR P.E. License in good standing and a minimum of 6 years of related professional experience, of which not less than two years shall have been designing and delivering transportation projects in the role of Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager
- Strong communicator
- Collaborative and proactive approach to work
- Positive attitude/team player/able to accept constructive criticism
- Valid California driver’s license and insurable driving record
Desired Competencies and Qualifications
- Proficiency in Roadway Design software and procedures (Bentley InRoads or Civil 3D), Bridge Design and Analysis software and procedures (CT Bridge, SAP, etc.)
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Quincy Engineering, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical insurance with optional health savings account (HSA)
· Dental and vision insurance
· Group disability insurance
· 401k retirement savings plan
· Pre-tax flexible spending account
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Paid holidays and a personal day annually
· Professional development and training
We are excited to unite our expertise and expand our geographic footprint with Murraysmith to craft communities throughout the western U.S!
For now, both Murraysmith and Quincy Engineering will operate under our respective names and will continue to provide high-quality engineering expertise to our clients. With a team of 300 people in 17 offices, the merger also provides boundless opportunities for our team members to grow their careers and deepen their expertise.
Quincy Engineering is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.