Quincy – Transportation
This position is based in our California offices.
We have exciting opportunities for outstanding individuals to join the Quincy Engineering team as an Assistant Engineer. This is a full-time position available in any of our offices. If you want to design transportation projects for cities, counties, and states; want growth opportunities, and want to be in a great team of co-workers and mentors, then please join us!
We want individuals who are energetic, ready to learn, and have the desire to jump in and make a difference to our clients and communities. Our team of Engineers and Project Managers is ready to teach you what it takes to put your education to use!
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Performs work that involves conventional types of plans, methods, and solutions with moderately complex features
- Uses computer-aided design and drafting systems to prepare working plans and detailed drawings
- Makes or revises maps, charts, and diagrams
- Performs field surveys as part of a crew
- Collects and processes data for topographic surveys and right-of-way engineering for use in design analysis
- Inspects a variety of roadway, bridge, and water resources construction projects; assists in the preparation of construction progress reports and estimates
- Uses computer programs to facilitate organization and accuracy of engineering calculations
- Performs basic engineering analysis, design, and detailing of project plans and construction material quantities
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Possession of a valid Engineer-in-Training Certificate
- Minimum of 1 year of transportation-related design experience for roads, bridges, or retaining walls
- Self-starter/takes initiative
- Positive attitude/team player/able to accept constructive criticism
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Two (2) to four (4) + years previous transportation-related design experience
- Successful elective coursework focusing on roadway design or structure design
- A desire to work towards passing the P.E. exam
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Quincy Engineering, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical insurance with optional health savings account (HSA)
· Dental and vision insurance
· Group disability insurance
· 401k retirement savings plan
· Pre-tax flexible spending account
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Paid holidays and a personal day annually
· Professional development and training
We are excited to unite our expertise and expand our geographic footprint with Murraysmith to craft communities throughout the western U.S!
For 2019, both Murraysmith and Quincy Engineering will operate under our respective names and will continue to provide high-quality engineering expertise to our clients. With a team of 300 people in 17 offices, the merger also provides boundless opportunities for our team members to grow their careers and deepen their expertise.
Quincy Engineering is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.