On-call Resident Engineer
Quincy – Transportation
This position is based in our California offices.
Resident Engineers perform technical and administrative duties on construction projects. These projects could include roads, bridges, channels, drainage and utility facilities, retaining walls, and other infrastructure systems. The RE has full field technical and managerial responsibility for interpreting contract documents, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. The RE maintains liaison with the Contractor, Owner, Public and Private stakeholders, along with assigned project personnel with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters. Plays an active role in marketing efforts and initiates and maintains client relations. Supervision received is essentially administrative, with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead worker over a team of Assistant Resident Engineers, inspectors, materials testers, subconsultant staff, and administrative office personnel
- Recognizes the need and may provide appropriate technical training to field personnel including field safety
- Interprets complex construction contracts, specifications and plans
- Develops and presents contract administrative tasks including reports, pay quantity calculations, estimates, labor compliance reviews, change orders, claims review and resolution, schedules, etc.
- Provides project constructability reviews
- May serve as a staff/technical specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, methods, or processes in resolution of unique construction engineering problems
- May also serve as a Structure Representative who is technically responsible for any structural components in the contract (bridges, retaining walls, etc.)
- Perform duties of a Assistant Resident Engineer as needed including field inspection
- Other duties as may be required
- Registered Professional Engineer with six (6) years related professional contract administration experience of which not less than two (2) years shall be as a lead worker overseeing individuals performing engineering/technician level work.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and appropriate physical stamina for a field assignment.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Quincy Engineering, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical insurance with optional health savings account (HSA)
· Dental and vision insurance
· Group disability insurance
· 401k retirement savings plan
· Pre-tax flexible spending account
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Paid holidays and a personal day annually
· Professional development and training
We are excited to unite our expertise and expand our geographic footprint with Murraysmith to craft communities throughout the western U.S!
For 2019, both Murraysmith and Quincy Engineering will operate under our respective names and will continue to provide high-quality engineering expertise to our clients. With a team of 300 people in 17 offices, the merger also provides boundless opportunities for our team members to grow their careers and deepen their expertise.
Quincy Engineering is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.