Senior Engineer- Transportation
Rancho Cordova, CA /
Engineering – Transportation /
What gets you out of bed each morning? Is it knowing you’re pursuing your passion for designing and building roads and bridges? Is it that you’re helping better the communities in which you live and work? Or is it that you get the opportunity to work on and lead transportation projects every day? We have an opportunity for an outstanding individual to join the team as a Senior Engineer- Transportation.
We are looking for Project Managers who have a knack for organization and a passion for transportation engineering to join our team of seller-doers. Use your technical and managerial skills to serve our clients and communities while working with an awesome team of engineers in the process. You’ll tackle unique and provocative projects and have an opportunity to help lead the company’s technical and project delivery initiatives.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate in identifying and winning opportunities by working directly with clients, our business development and marketing group, and delivery teams.
- Identify, scope and negotiate successful pursuits as well as amendments and addendums on projects.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and directs a number of large and complex projects
- Plan and deliver federally-funded projects for State and Local Agency clients
- Serve as a staff/technical specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, methods or processes in resolution of unique engineering problems
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work of a staff of engineers and technicians
- May supervise staff engineers, including evaluating their progress and results obtained, and determining a course of action (including change if needed) to achieve overall objectives
- Develop and foster relationships with a network of contacts and clients that will lead to future projects
- Plan, prepare and present at Public Meetings and Agency Council/Board Meetings
- Author papers, submit to conferences and organizations. Present at conferences when requested.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- CA PE License in good standing and a minimum of 15 years of related professional experience, of which not less than Five (5) years shall have been designing and delivering transportation projects in the role of Project Manager
- Strong communicator
- Collaborative and proactive approach to work
- Positive attitude/team player/able to accept constructive criticism
- Valid California driver’s license and insurable driving record
Desired Competencies and Qualification:
- Understanding of Transportation Design software and procedures (Bentley InRoads or Civil 3D), Bridge Design and Analysis software and procedures (CT Bridge, SAP, etc.)
- Previous experiences with Deltek Vision (For accounting and planning?) or some other resource planning tool
- Clear understanding of Microsoft Project
Why Murraysmith + Quincy Engineering?
· Flexible schedules
· 100% company-paid employee Health, Life, and Disability benefits
· Paid memberships in professional organizations
· Reimbursement for professional registrations and renewals
· Paid time off for PE and other certification/licensing exams
· Subsidized alternative commuting
· Subsidized fitness and wellness memberships
· Competitive salaries, paid time-off, and a 401(k)-retirement plan
· Paid volunteer time – we believe in giving back to the community
All are welcome! Murraysmith + Quincy Engineering is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.