Senior Transportation Engineer
Salem, OR /
Quincy – Transportation /
Are you passionate about the future of transportation and looking to join a talented team that will inspire and challenge you? At Quincy Engineering, we provide opportunities to advance your career with an established firm that values its employees and provides opportunities for growth.
This opportunity will allow you to apply your technical skills to develop creative transportation solutions and refine your leadership abilities. You will work with talented professionals in an open and friendly work environment, where personal and professional growth is encouraged, and hard work is rewarded. As a Mid or Senior Level Transportation Engineer, part of your responsibilities will include planning, design, and construction support for municipal transportation projects like these.
We’ll count on you to:
- Work with multi-disciplinary technical teams (Quincy and subconsultants)
- Manage work programs, project schedules, and budgets
- Provide excellent client service
- Write technical memoranda, engineering reports, and planning studies
- Develop and deliver complete design and project bid packages
- Provide construction support
- Assist with business development and winning the next project (proposal and SOQ writing)
- Proven comprehensive plans, specifications, and estimate (PS&E) delivery experience
- Project management experience, including developing scopes of work, reviewing invoices, and managing client communications
- Ability to manage several subconsultants and internal staff on a multi-disciplinary team
- Design and construction support experience with transportation projects
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Prior consulting experience managing municipal (state, county, city) projects
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), MS Project, and, preferably, Deltek Vision
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with multiple priorities
- Attention to detail, delivering quality work products, and excellent client service
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
- Minimum of 12 years relevant civil engineering experience, 15+ years preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Project management experience on roadway projects
- Experience managing municipal or public-sector projects (state, county, city, and federal).
- Ability to lead, train, motivate, and work within a team
- Ability to develop productive, long-term relationships and communicate with clients, peers, multi-disciplinary teams, and management
To be successful, you have:
- Core values similar to ours
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills - you clearly convey subtleties in complex designs to your team, client, and stakeholders
- Demonstrated success working on multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- Motivation and the ability to work independently with multiple priorities
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Quincy Engineering, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical insurance with optional health savings account (HSA)
· Dental and vision insurance
· Group disability insurance
· 401k retirement savings plan
· Pre-tax flexible spending account
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Paid holidays and a personal day annually
· Professional development and training
We are excited to unite our expertise and expand our geographic footprint with Murraysmith to craft communities throughout the western U.S!
For now, both Murraysmith and Quincy Engineering will operate under our respective names and will continue to provide high-quality engineering expertise to our clients. With a team of 300 people in 17 offices, the merger also provides boundless opportunities for our team members to grow their careers and deepen their expertise.
Quincy Engineering is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.