Senior Project Manager
Quincy – Transportation
This position is based in our Rancho Cordova and Walnut Creek Offices
Motivated. Client and quality-focused. Driven leader. At Quincy Engineering, we’re looking for someone who’s not only an outstanding civil engineer, but who excels in leadership to be a Senior Project Manager. This is a full-time position in one of our Sacramento or Bay Area offices. If you’re an expert in planning and design of local and state transportation projects, we’d love to put you to work leading our project teams. We need someone who puts the client first, and who rolls up his or her sleeves when it comes to project delivery.
Be part of a team that feels more like family. Join Quincy Engineering.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serve as lead technical person or senior reviewer for large and technically complex projects
- Present technical information to clients and in public project presentations
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, organize and lead teams of project staff, and to delegate appropriate project responsibilities
- Coordinate and direct multidisciplinary project delivery teams involving client, agency and public stakeholders
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, subconsultants, expenses, etc.) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with clients
- Lead and mentor junior project managers and project engineers to develop their skills
- Develop and foster relationships with a network of contacts and clients that will lead to future projects
- Serve as lead technical staff to develop proposals and proposal presentations. Serve as lead presenter for proposal interviews
- Write articles, attend conferences, make conference presentations and participate in industry organizations for marketing purposes
- Represent the company at functions within the engineering community to enhance the company’s image
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- P.E. and a minimum of 15 years of diversified engineering experience, at least seven of which have been in a supervisory or management capacity consisting of planning, cost control, designing, and constructing engineering projects
- Strong communicator
- Collaborative and proactive approach to work
- Positive attitude/team player/able to accept constructive criticism
- Valid California driver’s license and insurable driving record
Desired Competencies and Qualifications
- The ability to manage a satellite office
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Quincy Engineering, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical insurance with optional health savings account (HSA)
· Dental and vision insurance
· Group disability insurance
· 401k retirement savings plan
· Pre-tax flexible spending account
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Paid holidays and a personal day annually
· Professional development and training
We are excited to unite our expertise and expand our geographic footprint with Murraysmith to craft communities throughout the western U.S!
For 2019, both Murraysmith and Quincy Engineering will operate under our respective names and will continue to provide high-quality engineering expertise to our clients. With a team of 300 people in 17 offices, the merger also provides boundless opportunities for our team members to grow their careers and deepen their expertise.
Quincy Engineering is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.