Student intern - Bridge
Rancho Cordova, CA
Quincy – Transportation
We have a great opportunity for an outstanding individual to join the Quincy Engineering team as a Student Intern. Under the supervision of engineering staff, evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in performing the less complex design relative to transportation related civil engineering work. Receives instructions and technical guidance on specific assignment objectives, methods, and possible solutions. Assistance is furnished by design engineer on most problems, and work is reviewed for application of sound judgment. Position is part-time (hours can be negotiated) and is considered temporary.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Performs work that involves conventional types of plans, methods, and solutions with low to moderate complex features;
- Uses computer-aided design and drafting systems and drafts working plans, and detailed drawings;
- Makes or revises maps, charts, exhibits and diagrams;
- Participates in field survey activities as part of a survey crew;
- Assists in the preparation of reports and cost estimates;
- Uses computer programs to facilitate organization and accuracy of engineering calculations
- Performs basic engineering analysis, design and detailing of project plans and construction material quantities;
- May assist in development or maintenance of computer programs and systems (all drafting work must conform to the CAD Drafting standards, CAD Drafting Manual and CAD file management system);
- Assists in preparing, organizing and maintaining engineering calculations for roadway, bridge, hydraulic, and other designs;
- Conduct other duties as required, which may include administrative (non-engineering) duties (filing, answering phones, assisting with business related projects or tasks).
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited University. Has made progress in upper division civil engineering coursework.
- A passion for learning.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Quincy Engineering, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical insurance with optional health savings account (HSA)
· Dental and vision insurance
· Group disability insurance
· 401k retirement savings plan
· Pre-tax flexible spending account
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Paid holidays and a personal day annually
· Professional development and training
We are excited to unite our expertise and expand our geographic footprint with Murraysmith to craft communities throughout the western U.S!
For 2019, both Murraysmith and Quincy Engineering will operate under our respective names and will continue to provide high-quality engineering expertise to our clients. With a team of 300 people in 17 offices, the merger also provides boundless opportunities for our team members to grow their careers and deepen their expertise.
Quincy Engineering is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.