California - Transportation Business Development Manager
Rancho Cordova, CA /
Quincy – Transportation /
If you are looking for a firm that supports your passions and rewards your successes so you can focus on the next big opportunity – you’re looking in the right place. Quincy is growing, right alongside the communities we’ve helped shape for nearly 40 years. Join our team and contribute with us!
OUR MERGE WITH MURRAYSMITH
In 2019, Murraysmith and Quincy Engineering merged engineering practices.
Quincy/Murraysmith is a full-service engineering firm with offices in California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Colorado. Over the past 40 years, Quincy/Murraysmith has completed over 2,200 projects for public agencies. Our combined firm now consists of over 300 engineers and support staff who have completed hundreds of infrastructure improvement projects, including the planning, permitting, design, and construction management of transportation, water, and wastewater infrastructure projects.
With 18 conveniently located offices throughout the west (five in California), we offer the flexibility to work near your home!
As a key contributor to our business development for California Transportation operations, you will work in collaboration with our firmwide Transportation (Roads and Bridges), as well as other discipline Water/Wastewater, and CM BD leads. You will have the opportunity to guide a fantastic group of talented professionals in an open and friendly environment, where personal and professional growth is supported, and quality work is rewarded.
As a California – Transportation Business Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Continue Development, implementation, and refining of a strategic plan for California Transportation
- Collaborate with the company-wide Transportation Leads, Director of Business Development, California Regional Managers, and the other BD Leads to set the overall direction/vision of the firm.
- Focus on both organic follow-on transportation services and 3rd Party transportation roles, growing our bookings and hitting sales targets.
- Recruit elite talent to join the firm and increase our Transportation footprint across the region.
- Understand the business principles of our firm, with a focus on growth, strategy, and strategic pursuits.
- Develop new relationships to expand our client base and strengthen relationships through commitment to quality and client service.
- Guide the development and implementation of strategies for key business development opportunities.
- Lead or direct collaborative and relationship development efforts with County Engineers Association of California (CEAC), County Association of Governments (CAG), Council of Governments (COG) and other targeted organizations.
- Cultivate and mentor our Client Service Managers (CSMs) to bolster their skill set and support them in developing and meeting regional targets.
- Work across all California offices to solidify cross-selling and help identify the best projects and people for every pursuit.
- Participate in identifying and winning opportunities by working directly with clients, our business development and marketing group, and delivery teams.
- Lead full-servicetransportation teams for all sizes of projects.
- Demonstrate your ability to balance duties between project management, delivery, and your primary goal of business development.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- California Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Minimum of 12 years relevant engineering experience, 15+ years preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with California public agencies, Cities, Counties, CAGs, COGS including state and federal funded agencies
- Ability to develop productive, long-term relationships and communicate with clients, peers, multi-discipline teams, and management
- Ability to lead, train, motivate, and work within a team
- A knack for recruiting top level talent
To be successful, you have:
- Core values similar to ours
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills - you clearly communicate with your team, client, and stakeholders
- An industry network and the ability to connect with people, both internal and external, and build consensus.
- Motivation and the ability to work independently with multiple priorities
- Accountability and a vision to successfully expand our services.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Quincy Engineering, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical insurance with optional health savings account (HSA)
· Dental and vision insurance
· Group disability insurance
· 401k retirement savings plan
· Pre-tax flexible spending account
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Paid holidays and a personal day annually
· Professional development and training
We are excited to unite our expertise and expand our geographic footprint with Murraysmith to craft communities throughout the western U.S!
For now, both Murraysmith and Quincy Engineering will operate under our respective names and will continue to provide high-quality engineering expertise to our clients. With a team of 300 people in 17 offices, the merger also provides boundless opportunities for our team members to grow their careers and deepen their expertise.
Quincy Engineering is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.