Associate Civil Engineer/Project Engineer
Quincy – Transportation
This position is based in our California offices.
Ready to make your mark and work on some seriously awesome transportation projects throughout California and Oregon? We have great opportunities for motivated, talented civil engineers to join the Quincy Engineering team as an Associate Civil Engineer/Project Engineer. This is a full-time position available in any of our offices. We’re looking for people with passion, a willingness to learn, and the desire to jump in and make a difference for our company, clients and communities. If you have experience in the transportation engineering field, want a fulfilling career with growth opportunities, and want to work with a great team of co-workers and mentors, please join us!
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serves as Project Engineer directing roadway and bridge design engineers and technicians engaged in preparing planning studies, design, drawings, plans, quantities, estimates, specifications and reports for larger projects
- Serves as Roadway or Bridge Design Engineer taking the lead in preparing planning studies, design, drawings, plans, quantities, estimates, specifications and reports for projects with varying levels of complexity
- Uses and directs the use of computer-aided design, drafting systems, and computer programs
- Reviews designs, plans, specifications, and estimates for completeness and accuracy
- Develops engineering basis of design per the applicable design standards, engineering computations for design, calculation of quantities, development of estimates and specifications
- Provides construction support including review of construction facilities, construction shop drawings and contract change orders
- May serve as a Resident Engineer or a Inspector on a construction project
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of comprehensive reports and correspondence
- Provides construction inspection, and/or observation in the field during project construction
- Trains others in the performance of the job duties
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and requirements of the job
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- CA or OR P.E. License in good standing and a minimum of 4 years of related professional experience, of which not less than two years shall have been designing and delivering transportation projects in the role of Project Engineer or Lead Design Engineer
- Ability to plans and conduct work requiring judgment and independent evaluation
- Ability to apply techniques, procedures, and criteria applicable to publicly funded transportation projects
- Ability to work independently and achieve the expected outcomes
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems from a Senior Engineer or Project Manager
- Possess working knowledge of CAD programs (Microstation or AutoCAD)
- Involves sitting at a desk or other work stations or construction site office or observing construction site activities
- Collaborative and proactive approach to work
- Self-starter/takes initiative
- Positive attitude/team player/able to accept constructive criticism
- Valid California driver’s license and insurable driving record
Desired Competencies and Qualification:
- The desire to work towards becoming a Senior Engineer and Project Manager
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Quincy Engineering, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical insurance with optional health savings account (HSA)
· Dental and vision insurance
· Group disability insurance
· 401k retirement savings plan
· Pre-tax flexible spending account
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Paid holidays and a personal day annually
· Professional development and training
We are excited to unite our expertise and expand our geographic footprint with Murraysmith to craft communities throughout the western U.S!
For 2019, both Murraysmith and Quincy Engineering will operate under our respective names and will continue to provide high-quality engineering expertise to our clients. With a team of 300 people in 17 offices, the merger also provides boundless opportunities for our team members to grow their careers and deepen their expertise.
Quincy Engineering is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.