Music Publishing Operations Lead
Bologna or London /
Publishing Operations /
Full-time, permanent (tempo indeterminato)
Musixmatch is the World’s Leading Music Data Company. Our mission is to provide data, tools and services that allows the experience of music to be enriched across the whole world.
Checkout the Musixmatch toolkit
The Music Publishing Operations Lead will supervise the activities in relation to the processing, distribution and analysis of royalties accruable to the right holders, and will advise internal business teams on how music publishing matters impact the proposed business plans. This role will liaise with the licensing department to develop strategic plans and workflows in order to achieve licensing goals within set time frames.
- Define and maintain the royalty distribution policy, make sure that distribution rules are correctly implemented in order to ensure proper payments and reporting.
- Understand the music publishing and/or third party contract to obtain relevant information and interpret the contractual clauses related to the royalty obligation.
- Organize the processing of periodical royalty report releases and the preparation of the appropriate accounting statement, as required.
- Coordinate the statement review and analysis with the internal analysts.
- Respond to month-end accrual inquiries received from the accounting department and/or the rights holders.
- Monitor royalty system results and propose enhancements.
- Work hand-in-hand with other departments within the company, such as legal; biz dev; and finance, to ensure all our royalty policies and licensing activities are in line with our business needs, and to support the resolution of third-party disputes.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
At least 5-10 years in the music industry, preferably in music publishing or operations
Degree in Business Administration, Masters degree is a plus
Excellent knowledge of Music Publishing and publishing procedures
Music tech industry experience is a plus but not mandatory - it is important to have a good knowledge of the latest tech developments in music and its influence on music copyright and metadata.
Familiarity with metadata formats such as CWR, and DDEX standards
Proven leadership and strong communication skills
Proven ability to support and mentor a team.
Highly organised, process driven with great attention to detail
Comfortable communicating with & interfacing between technical-, business- and commercial stakeholders
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, coping with deadlines and high workload
Excellent level of English language
Ability to work in a remote environment
Existing network of contacts in the music industry is a plus
Willing and able to travel internationally as business requires
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
We are a bunch of creatives who care about our work and what we do. We believe that participation and collaboration are key to getting things done well. We are looking for tech-savvy people who are eager to learn in a fast-paced environment, who have an international outlook on life, and who love taking on new challenges.
**Due to the amount of CVs that we receive, unfortunately it is impossible to answer to every applicant, thus if you have not received a response from us, please be patient. We do assure you that we will contact you should you be selected to move forward in the recruitment process. We would therefore like to thank all applicants for their interest and time.**