Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Bologna or Remote (Italy) /
Back-end & API /
Full-time, permanent (tempo indeterminato)
Musixmatch is the leading music metadata company, featuring the world’s largest lyrics catalog and +70M user contributors. Musixmatch is the trusted global partner of companies like Spotify, Apple, Amazon Music, Meta, Google, MTV, Shazam, Vevo and has a partnership with +100,000 music publishers including Sony/ Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell, Kobalt, BMG Rights, and the Harry Fox Agency.
We are a bunch of creatives who care about our work and what we do. We believe that participation and collaboration are key to getting things done well. We are looking for tech-savvy people who are eager to learn in a fast-paced environment, who have an international outlook on life, and who love taking on new challenges.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Backend to join and help us develop and maintain our services for the Music Publishing and Royalties Management and Reporting Infrastructure of Musixmatch.
What you will do:
- Be a mentor and role model for design reviews, code, and test cases;
- Improve the reliability and performance of existing code;
- Recommend new technologies that can help increase productivity;
- Supervise and oversee the technical aspects of projects;
- Investigate software-related complaints and make necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance;
- Regularly attend team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues;
- Design, debug and review of code developed by the team.
- Solid design and coding skills with a bias for architecture at scale;
- Deep knowledge of the AWS services and NodeJs;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Proven experience in software development methodologies;
- Proven experience building complex web systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience in developing in PHP/NodeJs;
- Self-starter with strong self-motivation, able to work under remote management with directives limited to general goals;
- Fluent in English.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible schedule
- Generous training budget
- Top class tech and equipment
- Company-wide retreat once per year
- Welfare plan
Musixmatch is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually.
**Due to the significant amount of applications we receive, unfortunately, it is not possible to answer every applicant, thus if you have not received a response from us, please be patient. We assure you that we will contact you should you be selected to move forward in the recruitment process. We would therefore like to thank all applicants for their interest and time.**