Head of People
Los Angeles, CA /
Executive – Executive /
About myPlace Health
myPlace Health was founded in 2021 by mission-driven healthcare leaders and organizations that are committed to drastically improving health outcomes, quality and experience for vulnerable older adults and frail seniors. We are an integrated care delivery organization that specializes in providing personalized care and coverage to older adults who wish to remain safely living in their homes and communities for as long as possible, rather than living in a nursing facility.
Our mission is simple: to enable seniors to live the independent lives they deserve. The primary ways in which we pursue our mission are through capitated arrangements with government payers, such as Medicare and Medicaid under the PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) model, and as a value-based provider working in partnership with local health plans.
We are building a mission-driven team that shares our passion for redefining the way older adults experience care as they “age in place” in the community. This is a unique opportunity to take on one of our country’s most challenging healthcare problems and it is a unique moment in time to join us as we scale up to spread our mission across markets.
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to serve as an early executive team member at myPlace Health, which has set out to significantly improve the way seniors and underserved communities experience healthcare. Critical to their success, the Head of People, (HoP) is responsible for building and leading the people development and human resource’s function and will play a critical role in building the infrastructure that reinforces culture, experience, and performance across the organization. This HoP is a systems thinker who will lead myPlace Health to thoughtfully design the end-to-end employee lifecycle – and then implement processes, tools and platforms that prepare the organization for scale. Additionally, the role will be critical in developing talent acquisition capabilities to build strong pipelines for corporate and field-based hiring needs, including promoting diversity and fostering inclusion in ways that directly reflect the diverse communities we serve. The HoP’s overarching goal is work with our leadership team to establish myPlace Health a best-in-class employer and industry leader in how we support teams to provide amazing care to frail and disabled older adults. Finally, the HoP will be a leader who is an active learner, has deep curiosity, and thrives on being a part of an organization that is focused on serving those in most need.
About the Person
The individual for the role will likely have a deep connection with myPlace Health’s mission, with evidence from past personal and professional experiences that demonstrate a passion for serving the underserved. They will have an appreciation for the workforce myPlace Health will need to build, helping to ensure one culture, one mission, one team – across disparate markets. The individual should also have a background of building operationally and commercially successful organizations where “scaling culture” from market to market is key to success. A strong preference is for those who have built from scratch all the elements of a People function in a high growth organization, including a robust recruiting infrastructure/ATS, scalable core HR policies/procedures, scalable performance management systems, and motivational total rewards/benefits packages.
The HoP will be critical in defining and executing a strategy to build a mission-centric people organization that reflects the values of an organization based in the community, for the community. This leader will serve as a very visible culture leader who sets the tone in how they develop core capabilities for attracting, nurturing and enabling a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
What we're looking for
- Passion to lead an organization serving high-risk seniors and frail older adults
- Prior experience as the top leader in People/Human Resources, or strong #2 position (preferably in a healthcare-focused business)
- 7-10+ years of experience in a HR-related function, with experience in hiring, training, performance management, and culture development
- Naturally lead with warmth, attention to detail, and excellent internal customer service
- Thrive in a high growth, “zero to one” environment
- Experience building a People function from the ground up or leading rapid scaling of a People Organization to enable high growth
- Deep People Operations and Human Resources domain expertise with knowledge on employment law, benefits, immigration, compliance, and policy management
- Promotion of diversity and inclusion in the workplace through hiring, onboarding, and management procedures
- Experience building a rewards and recognition system to ensure performance is visible and expected across the organization
- Ensure all human resources plans and policies align with their business objectives, mission, and member outcomes
- The dexterity to utilize formal and informal employee feedback to adapt HR policies, tools, and strategies
Please submit your resume/CV and a short message that explains why you are interested in this role.
We are committed to not only including, but actively seeking out a diversity of experiences, styles, perspectives, and voices. Your candidacy will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At myPlace Health, we provide safe and high-quality care to our participants. To achieve this, we have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy to keep both our team members and participants safe.