Emeryville, CA /
Manufacturing – Production /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Accountable for implementation of Mycoway engineering process to support development of capital projects and work to improve capital projects related to the start up of 64th street facility supporting manufacturing improvements.
- Will manage engineering team members who perform design and procurement of capital equipment.
- Leads strategic initiatives to drive development of a 10x facility.
- Will lead in plant engineering support for 64th street improvements as needed to support the plant continuous improvement glidepath.
- Communicates results of engineering work process as part of the Mycoway implementation.
- Identifies and tracks appropriate engineering KPI’s.
- Works with Program Management to ensure engineering dashboards are correct and up to date and meeting glidepath improvement.
- Supervision of Engineering team members including design and plant engineering.
- Helps drive company vision and initiatives within Engineering.
- Assist in development of strategic and tactical goals.
- Develop actions and strategies to meet goals.
- Evaluates progress, reports on progress to other teams and leadership.
- Support further development of engineering within the company.
- Develop strategic team initiatives and targets.
- Create engineering progression plans for junior team members.
- Aid in creation of engineering organization, step up cards and design and plant engineering advancement & training.
- Facilitate team development through training and additional responsibilities / ownership.