Emeryville, CA /
Manufacturing – Supply Chain, Quality & Analytics /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Accountable for implementation of Mycoway, manufacturing improvements at 64th street site, responsible for leading site loss analysis and setting LE direction and accountability for the site.
- Will manage operations team members who perform making, maintaining, purchasing, shipping, receiving, planning and lean initiatives in conjunction with the site leadership team consisting of 3 area leads, continuous improvement lead, maintenance lead and planning & procurement.
- Leads strategic initiatives to improve plant efficiency and people engagement.
- Will lead loss elimination planning and strategy for the site, will develop and lead implementation the annual strategy development and deployment process, setting loss targets, developing 30, 60, 90 day action plans and achieving improvement glidepath.
- Communicates results of plant’ performance, safety, process reliability, productivity, quality, schedule adherence and loss elimination weekly as well as progress towards glidepath and phase progression.
- Identifies and tracks appropriate manufacturing KPIs.
- Works with Analytics team to ensure operational dashboards are accurate and up to date.
- Supervision of Supply Chain team members including Leads, Operators, Continuous Improvement Manager, Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Technicians, Quality Technicians, Planning and Logistics.
- Helps drive company vision and initiatives within Manufacturing.
- Assist in development of strategic and tactical goals.
- Develop actions and strategies to meet goals.
- Evaluates progress.
- Reports on progress to other teams and leadership.
- Support further development of manufacturing within the company.
- Develop strategic team initiatives and targets.
- Create manufacturing progression plans for junior team members.
- Aid in creation of manufacturing organization, step up cards and operator and technician advancement & training.
- Facilitate team development through training and additional responsibilities / ownership.