Art Director, Brand and Marketing
Emeryville, CA /
Marketing – Marketing /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are a team of strategic thinkers and creatives who work interdependently, whether developing multi-pronged marketing strategies, creating team stories, building brand presentations, or designing partners collaborations. The pace is fast, the progress is constant and the possibilities are endless.
As the Art Director, you should be extremely creative, dedicated, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will work with our VP of Brand and Marketing and the Creative Producer to visualize new ideas that support company branding, websites for company and brand, promotional campaigns, marketing and internal communications. You will take various marketing initiatives from ideation to development to implementation across all channels.
- Evaluate trends, assess new data, and keep up-to-date with the latest design and creative marketing to provide exciting solutions that meet business objectives
- Create and implement tailored designs and plans that support MycoWorks, Reishi™ and specific brand partner product launches
- Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions. Shape brand standards and create procedures, guidelines and libraries to ensure all assets are brand-appropriate and easy to use
- Lead design projects and collaborate with other team members to divide and conquer
- Craft beautiful design solutions with impeccable sense of design and typography
- Cultivate a design culture and inspire the team by sharing ideas and leading design trends
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design or Communication Design or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of design experience preferred
- Previous art director experience preferred, particularly with, but not limited to web, social, and luxury fashion/lifestyle design
- Prior design studio or agency experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe programs, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign + Figma. Working knowledge in motion and prototyping programs desired
- A solid understanding of integrated design, copy, photography, and UX/UI practices
- In-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to collaborate and work with a wide range of people across various disciplines
- You will be surrounded by talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams
- Must provide a link to your portfolio, including concept work