Emeryville, CA /
Manufacturing – Supply Chain, Quality & Analytics /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Logistics Manager. The person will be responsible for designing and implementing company-wide inventory strategies including raw materials, in-process materials and finished goods. The person will be expected to design and manage the process and warehouse space for incoming materials and outgoing materials Upon building these foundational supply chain processes and systems, the role will require setting appropriate metrics to track and trend performance to plan.
- This role supports all functions of the organization including both commercial and R&D. The role reports to the Dir of Supply Chain.
- Own, build, run and maintain the Logistics function, collaborate with Dir of Supply Chain on strategies and inventory/warehouse operations
- Ability to build, train, recruit team members as needed - including analysts, shipping/receiving agents, logistics coordinators
- Facilitates and coordinates with logistics carriers and couriers, and customs brokers regarding all aspects of transport service, including but not limited to order placement, building and reviewing shipping documents, tracking, receipt confirmation, and ensuring the quality of the product during transit
- Manages import and export process including ensuring compliance with local and regional import/export regulations particularly for US, and EU
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments and on-time/ delivery performance.
- Develops, implements and enforces SOPs for all aspects of logistics management, including import and export activities, transportation risk analysis and shipping validation for Finished/Semi-Finished Goods
- Manages and assess courier vendor’s performance and reports operational metrics (KPIs) to senior management, as well as any regulatory reporting requirements related to transportation and logistics activities
- Lead the selection of courier vendors in order to determine optimal design and cost for regional/Affiliate logistics operations
- Lead and measure processes to ensure logistics operations are completed with excellence
- Will manage a team of shipping and receiving personnel.
- BS/MS in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Business Management.
- 3-5 years’ experience with increasing levels of logistics / inventory mgmt responsibility, with 2-4 years’ experience managing people.
- Experience with Enterprise Warehouse Management Systems
- Strong understanding of import/export requirements and customs practices for US and EU
- Experience in vendor oversight and managing external partnerships and relations
- Professional supply chain certification a plus APICS, SOLE
- In depth knowledge / experience with life science warehouse and inventory mgmt, a plus
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a strong drive - orientated on results
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide data-based insights and observations
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility