Plant Systems Engineer
Emeryville, CA /
Manufacturing – Supply Chain, Quality & Analytics /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Plant Systems Owner. The application suite includes Manufacturing Execution System, Program Logic Controllers, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system, sensors and custom electronic batch record systems. The person will be responsible for ensuring all plant systems are implemented and running to support both production operations and development operations.
This role supports both Manufacturing and Development teams to digitally manage orders, allocate materials, make product and inventory finished goods. The role reports to the Plant Systems Owner and will work collaboratively with both Development and Production.
- Intake, triage and management of plant system technical requests and tickets; resolve issues and establish priorities amongst projects
- Supports the process to design, develop and implement plant IT solutions
- Supports day to day maintenance of plant systems including MES, SCADA, EBR, and IoT
- Support software release activities
- Assess complex technical environments and define requirements for integration of new solutions, maintenance and optimization of systems
- Support for applications, including ongoing monitoring and continuous process and application improvement
- Supports scoping of improvement projects and future implementations, participate in the scoping and quoting of projects
- BS/MS Computer Science, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Science, Math (2-4 years’ experience)
- Experience with Rockwell FactoryTalk MES software (Manufacturing Execution System) – modeling, implementation a plus
- Ability to analyze and understand manufacturing business process systems in order to architect customization and implementation of process control software
- Knowledge on manufacturing processes including Quality Control, Material Management, Inventory Management, Production Order Dispatching and Execution
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a strong drive - orientated on results
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide data-based insights and observations
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive and fun work environment
- Passion for innovative and process improvement
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility