Emeryville, CA /
Marketing – Marketing /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is looking for a dynamic and proactive team member to grow our social presence and drive awareness, excitement and engagement within the online communities. You will lead the expansion of our social presence and be responsible for translating strategy to day-to-day conversations across our social media channels to help amplify our unique positioning, products, and opportunities. You will coordinate and maintain our two distinct digital outlets: the overall company outlet, MycoWorks, geared towards investors, employees and high profile brand partners, and the specific product outlet, Made with Reishi™ with an audience of designers, brands and the general public interested in luxury and conscious fashion, new materials, and a circular economy.
- Collaborate with VP in holistic vision and specific strategy planning, including paid media, and own all scheduling for our two main social outlets, MycoWorks and Made with Reishi.
- Collaborate with Creative Producer on content strategy, development and implementation. Own the scheduling and posting of content on our websites Mycoworks.com and Madewithreishi.com
- Track and prioritize all messages and inquiries from social media accounts and websites with recommendations for actions.
- Seek opportunities and collaborate with VP and Creative Producer in cultivating diverse brand partnerships and alliances.
- Drive engagement, and excitement in the social communities day-to-day and around amplification of brand partner launches.
- Track sentiment and engage in conversations on our accounts establishing guidelines for tone and manner that are completely aligned with our brand strategy.
- Create regular community reports helping the team understand the results of a strategy or promotion. Use data to drive insights and translate these insights into growing and improving the community.
- Identify themes, problems or opportunities in the community and set up a process to share with the appropriate internal MycoWorks stakeholders to take action. .
- Enhance positive sentiment amongst the community with every interaction to boost brand advocacy.
- Experience in developing creative strategies that engage key segments and grow long-term brand affinity.
- Exceptional judgement, writing and communication skills.
- A deep understanding of social media technologies and platforms, including paid media, and the associated tools and channels to track sentiment.
- Ability to act as the voice of our company and manage all community based conversations (on our accounts and beyond) in a way that creates and invigorates relationships with followers that in turn make them want to evangelize on our behalf.
- Understanding of great customer service and ability to deliver it consistently to our community, showing impeccable follow-through.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with dynamic objectives.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to set and measure qualitative and quantitative KPIs for community impact and sentiment, and adjust plans based on those metrics.
- Experience working with Google Drive, Typeform, Sprout, WordPress a plus.
- Familiarity with design software the Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- BA + 3-5 years social media strategy/management experience.
- Agency experience a plus.