Emeryville, CA /
Manufacturing – Supply Chain, Quality & Analytics /
Full Time - Exempt
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Lab/Quality Control Technician - biologics (spawn inoculation) and in-process materials testing (mycelium). This position will be responsible for all in process material sampling and product testing. They will be responsible for ensuring all assigned tests are executed per the defined schedule. Including digital recording of results and analysis. The technician will preferably have work experience in a high volume lab, 10,000+ samples monthly. This role supports both Manufacturing and Development teams to sample and test materials, document processes and procedures, support test protocol execution and track results. The role reports to the Quality Test Manager and will work collaboratively with both Development and Production.
- 2-4 years of previous Lab Analyst, Technician, Lab Associate experience, preferably in a regulated environment - food, consumer products, life science, health
- Responsible for executing sample inventory and sample collection off the line
- Work experience in a Lean Labs environment is a plus
- Full documentation and analysis of test results into the digital lab system
- Familiarity with lab systems is preferred, LIMS, ELN, LES, sample management, environmental monitoring, instrument management, calibration scheduling & management
- Previous experience in a mycology lab, spawn testing and growth is recommended
- Excellent capability with MS Office / GSuite tools, data reporting and statistical analysis
- Physical Demands / Surroundings - The duties of this position may require the incumbent to exert some physical effort. Lifting requirements may vary depending on the area and project. Weight is typically no more than 15 pounds. Work environment is dependent upon the area - production areas require full gowning and gloving certification and lab-based areas will require bench training to ensure laboratory protocols and dress codes are met